"Dallas, Texas of the East" Paka by Wild_Orchid
Paka Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 32 photos
Next to Kertih, which is the home of Petronas Refinery and its staff, is the town of Paka. The stretch from Kertih to Paka is filled with scenery of oil refineries and power stations-it's quite awesome!!
There is no other place that has this kind of scenery, except perhaps the oil town of Miri, in East Malaysia.
The town of Paka is among the larger in these parts. It has its own post office, a number of large schools, some shops, with a large shopping mall being built in the heart of town. It is also home to this quaint looking police station.
- In a nutshell:It's all about OIL, baby!
Visit Paka/Kertih at night and you will be amazed my the visual beauty of the oil refinery fires burning in the night.... more travel advice
The employees of Petronas live at the Paka housing estate which was developed by the Company. It is a large estate with... more travel advice
Wild_Orchid's Related Pages
Paka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dallas, Texas of the East"
- "~. PAKA .~"
- "Industrial Hub"
- "East Coast Rocks!"
- "Paka ~ Close to Petronas Complek"
- "Paka, Terengganu"
- "YOKOSO! MALAYSIA>> TERENGGANU..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paka
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Paka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paka
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 106 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 48 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Terengganu Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Johor Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos