Kota Kinabalu Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Wild_Orchid Top 5 Page for this destination
Kota Kinabalu Warnings and Dangers: 27 reviews and 16 photos
nature pool at Gayana
When at Gayana Island, be aware of biting fish when you have a swim at the nature pool.
My friends were already in the pool, and they told me to be careful because the fish in the pool would bite me. Of course, the idea seemed so ridiculous that I didn't believe it for a single minute, and I just laughed it off. I stepped into the water and suddenly I could feel tiny bites and sharp teeth on my thighs. I jumped and yelped - I was being attacked! I quickly swam & moved away and the "attacks" stopped.
Actually, later on I got brave enough to check it out. I donned a pair of goggles to look for out the "killer fish". When I saw them, I had to laugh out loud, because there were no fish with giant teeth, not even medium sized ones. Actually, they were only anchovy-sized (ikan bilis tiny) fish swimming in packs, but trust me, they were aggresive and even nibbled on my neck and face. These fish generally hang around on the left of the pool as you enter it. Go there and experience it for yourself !
Click here for more details on Gayana Resort.
Phone: +60 88 245 158, 245 168 (sales)
More Reviews (25)
- See All Some hot Beach Action (although there's...
- Local Dances
- See All Gayana Island-Chilling Out
- Fly Air Asia to KK from Johor, Penang,...
Wild_Orchid's Related Pages
Kota Kinabalu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kota Kinabalu"
- "Malaysian Borneo"
- "KK (as it is commonly known)"
- "KOTA KINABALU - SABAH"
- "Of Mountains,Islands & Headhunters. Don't miss it!"
- "KK Has It All!"
- "Kota Kinabalu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kota Kinabalu
- Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
- Transportation in Kota Kinabalu
- Nightlife in Kota Kinabalu
- Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
- Shopping in Kota Kinabalu
- Warnings and Dangers in Kota Kinabalu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kota Kinabalu
- 26 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 60 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Kota Kinabalu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kota Kinabalu
- Posted in Travel Phuket Forum "Re: Any Good Restaurant to..."
- updated a Kota Kinabalu Travel Page "Of Mountains,Islands & Headhunters. Don't miss it!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Al fresco, Fresh Seafood AT SEDCO"
- Commented on one of WStat's Kota Kinabalu travel pages
- Wrote a Review Some hot Beach Action (although there's no beach) in Kota Kinabalu Nightlife
Photos in Kota KinabaluSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 106 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 48 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Terengganu Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Johor Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos
- Manukan Island- 11 Reviews, 46 Photos
- Lok Kawi Wildlife Park- 5 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Poring Hot Spring- 13 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Gaya Street- 8 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Signal Hill- 11 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Tanjung Aru Beach- 8 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Canopy Walk- 6 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Park- 9 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Sabah Museum- 5 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Kinabalu Park- 10 Reviews, 21 Photos
See All Kota Kinabalu Things to Do