Kota Kinabalu Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Wild_Orchid Top 5 Page for this destination

Kota Kinabalu Warnings and Dangers: 27 reviews and 16 photos

nature pool at Gayana - Kota Kinabalu

nature pool at Gayana

Fish Attack!

This tip is not to be taken too seriously, although it really did happen

When at Gayana Island, be aware of biting fish when you have a swim at the nature pool.

My friends were already in the pool, and they told me to be careful because the fish in the pool would bite me. Of course, the idea seemed so ridiculous that I didn't believe it for a single minute, and I just laughed it off. I stepped into the water and suddenly I could feel tiny bites and sharp teeth on my thighs. I jumped and yelped - I was being attacked! I quickly swam & moved away and the "attacks" stopped.

Actually, later on I got brave enough to check it out. I donned a pair of goggles to look for out the "killer fish". When I saw them, I had to laugh out loud, because there were no fish with giant teeth, not even medium sized ones. Actually, they were only anchovy-sized (ikan bilis tiny) fish swimming in packs, but trust me, they were aggresive and even nibbled on my neck and face. These fish generally hang around on the left of the pool as you enter it. Go there and experience it for yourself !

Click here for more details on Gayana Resort.

Phone: +60 88 245 158, 245 168 (sales)

Website: http://www.gayana-resort.com

• Updated Mar 1, 2005

Wild_Orchid

“... not seeking new lands, but seeing with new eyes”

Badges & Stats in Kota Kinabalu

Have you been to Kota Kinabalu?

Top 10 Kota Kinabalu Things to Do