"Of Mountains,Islands & Headhunters. Don't miss it!" Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu by Wild_Orchid
Kota Kinabalu Travel Guide: 1,062 reviews and 2,794 photos
The dancers from Sabah Tourism Board are highly talented and perform a variety of dances to represent the different regional native groups of Sabah.
The troupe have choreographed a fantastic 45 minute show that starts of with one slow tempo dance, but with each dance, the pace becomes faster and faster, culminating with the grande finale of a dance involving bamboo sticks. (similar to the Filipino dance)
With each dance segment lasting only 7-10 minutes, there is no time to be bored and you will be dazzled by the colours and caught up by the exuberant energy of the dancers!
The picture shows the traditional welcome home given to hunters (and headhunters) after a hunt !
Just a 2-hour drive away from Kota Kinabalu town, there are parts of the countryside that look like the old 1980's commercial from Salem High Country. Being 5,000 feet above sea level, the temperature is pleasantly cool and crisp, and very fresh! Whether or not you are a smoker, you would certainly appreciate the spectacular beauty of Mount Kinabalu and the Crocker Range. The picture shows the view from Perkasa Hotel at Kundasang, near the National Park.
The national park and its surrounding countryside is one of the places that you must visit when in Kota Kinabalu!
Laid-back or adventurous: KK can be whatever you want it to be. Mountain, islands, ~romance~, and seafood, everything is great here !
This picture was taken in June 2006. I was at SEDCO having a bite of delicious seafood. Besides crabs and delicious crispy ferns ("pucuk bidin"), you must not miss the assortment of shell fish - which includes the baby geoduck (see pics - the geoduck is on the right -YUMMY!!).
- Pros:Mountains, islands, culture - it's all here in KK
- Cons:Why, nothing! Everything is great here!
- In a nutshell:It's a jungle out there! don't lose your head!
If you want a break from the casual open-air pubs, the air-conditioned Beach Club- which is also located along the... more travel advice
After a spot of sun watching, feel peckish or dry? No worries - there are a few open-air pubs along this stretch of the... more travel advice
- Fish Attack!
- See All Gayana Island-Chilling Out
- Fly Air Asia to KK from Johor, Penang,...
- See All BBQ at Gayana Island
Wild_Orchid's Related Pages
Kota Kinabalu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kota Kinabalu"
- "Malaysian Borneo"
- "KK (as it is commonly known)"
- "SABAH & KOTA KINABALU"
- "Of Mountains,Islands & Headhunters. Don't miss it!"
- "KK Has It All!"
- "Kota Kinabalu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kota Kinabalu
- Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
- Transportation in Kota Kinabalu
- Nightlife in Kota Kinabalu
- Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
- Shopping in Kota Kinabalu
- Warnings and Dangers in Kota Kinabalu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kota Kinabalu
- 26 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 60 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Kota Kinabalu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kota Kinabalu
- Posted in Travel Phuket Forum "Re: Any Good Restaurant to..."
- updated a Kota Kinabalu Travel Page "Of Mountains,Islands & Headhunters. Don't miss it!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Al fresco, Fresh Seafood AT SEDCO"
- Commented on one of WStat's Kota Kinabalu travel pages
- Wrote a Review Some hot Beach Action (although there's no beach) in Kota Kinabalu Nightlife
Photos in Kota KinabaluSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 57 reviews, 106 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 48 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameron Highlands Intro, 29 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Selangor Intro, 36 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Terengganu Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 32 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 26 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Johor Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hanoi Intro, 28 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos