"Greetings From Asbury Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Asbury Park by happyhourkid

Asbury Park Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 109 photos

It was about time.....

I finally made it somewhere that I have always wanted to go. New Jersey. As I had never been, all I had ever known of the place was what I heard in Bruce Springsteen Songs. Songs like "Open All Night," "Jungleland," "Freehold," "Jersey Girl," "Living on the Edge of the World," and "My Hometown." I knew one day something would bring me here, and my first weekend here was one of the best I have had in so long. I flew into Philly, where they "blew up the chicken man." I can't think of anyone better to have experienced this for the first time with than my "Jersey Girl" friend. It was the best! Like the Boss says, "this (New Jersey) Turnpike sure is spooky at night when you're all alone." But I wasn't alone : ) I had the best local host one could ask for. And just like in "Living on the Edge of the World," the relay towers and refineries led us on our way to Asbury Park, and you definitely know Bruce is the favorite son of this great state as he is played on the radio QUITE OFTEN. Nothing to complain about, of course, but actually very neat-o considering you are traveling the same legendary streets that he traveled and wrote about. It was my birthday weekend, 2004, and a visit to the place where Springsteen himself was discovered and began his ascencion to greatness was right in my wheelhouse........

• Pros:On the legenadry Jersey Shore.
  • Cons:Some areas are neglected and once prosperous businesses have closed
  • In a nutshell:A must for any music lovers, especially Springsteen fans. See my Stone Pony entry!
  • Last visit to Asbury Park: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 22, 2005

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2006 at 4:03 AM

Happy Birthday Chris...from a Jersey Girl trying not to get Lost in the Flood. But It's Hard to Be A Saint in the City when you're Growin' Up here.

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2006 at 9:46 PM

Hello there Chris, I would like to wish you many blessings on your special day and always. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! CHEERS! I know its a little early and I did not wanna miss it cause Im going to NYC soon and wannit to be sure u got it...Donna :)

Badges & Stats in Asbury Park

Have you been to Asbury Park?

Latest Activity in Asbury Park