"The Bahamas" The Bahamas by happyhourkid
The Bahamas Travel Guide: 2,040 reviews and 4,632 photos
The Bahamas is a beatiful English speaking country which is a mere 30 minute flight from Miami. It is made up on over 700 islands, of which only 35 are inhabited. The islands are subjected to a Gulf Stream current which keeps the weather beautiful and consistent year round. It also helps to defend against hurricanes which usually bombard and obliterate the Florida coast. The temperature is usually about 80F during the day and about 68F at night. Every time I go to this place, it just gets better and better. In fact, the Bahamas is one of the few places I know that actually has a destination within a destination. One of the most famous aspects of the Bahamas these days is the Atlantis Paradise Island. One of those places where you need to see it to believe it. More on that later on. For now, here is a pciture of downtown Nassau. 82F in the month of January. You gotta love it.
- Pros:Outstanding weather, easy to travel to, equal currencies
- Cons:Relatively expensive, additional resort fees at checkout (unless All-Inclusive)
It's all good. One thing I will say about Atlantis is it is very expensive. But when you have a lot to maintain, like... more travel advice
Here are a couple of the over 50,000 residents of the Atlantis aquarium. If you look in the background, you will see... more travel advice
happyhourkid's Related Pages
The Bahamas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island Time"
- "Freeport & Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island"
- "Cruise Trip to the Bahama Island"
- "Grand Bahama Island"
- "The Bahamas - When you think of Paradise"
- "The Bahamas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in The Bahamas
- Hotels in The Bahamas
- Transportation in The Bahamas
- Nightlife in The Bahamas
- Restaurants in The Bahamas
- Shopping in The Bahamas
- Warnings and Dangers in The Bahamas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in The Bahamas
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to The Bahamas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in The Bahamas
Top 10 Pages
- Trim Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ulaanbaatar 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Chicago Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Ballymote Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liepaja Intro, 5 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Taormina Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacó Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Siauliai Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- San José Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Dyersville Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues