"Jaco Beach, Pacific Ocean, Costa Rica" Top 5 Page for this destination Jacó by happyhourkid
Jacó Travel Guide: 151 reviews and 253 photos
We flew to Jaco Beach from San Jose on a Monday, after 2 days of absolute chaos and mayhem. It was here that we were going to sit by the pool, drink in our condo, sport fish, and hit the nightlife.
After my visit, I will say that Jacó Beach is the ideal starting point for those who want to enjoy an exciting and thrilling experience in the Pacific Coast. Passing through the mountains planted with coffee (we did so on our way back to the airport), enjoying a fascinating scenery and a great tropical weather, Jacó is just one and a half hour from San José; and here you will find one of the most beautiful beaches in Central America. I only have the beaches in Mexico to compare this to but I can't imagine many better beaches than in Jaco.
In Jacó Beach, you will find a good number of accommodations, restaurants, bars, tour operators and facilities that will perfectly fulfill your most demanding needs. You can have lunch in open-air style restaurants with a fantastic views, enjoy a night out in the discos or smaller bars, by the seaside or if you prefer just have a walk across three miles of beach known for its water sports, surf and the beautiful sunsets.
- Pros:Beautiful Scenery, Very Inexpensive, Great Nightlife
- Cons:Gets somewhat crazy on the weekends because a lot of whores come down from San Jose, and add to the ones already there.
- In a nutshell:A perfect place for relaxation, good restaurant versatility, great nightlife, and a great staging point for excursions.
This was a phrase coined by one of my buddies on this trip and at some times almost was used as sort of a "battle cry.".... more travel advice
Imagine traversing from tree to tree, platform to platform using pulleys on horizontal traverse cables. Sailing through... more travel advice
happyhourkid's Related Pages
Jacó Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jaco Beach, Pacific Ocean, Costa Rica"
- "one popular, the other little visited..."
- "Playa Jaco"
- "Jaco Beach: Surf & Fun"
- "Jaco in November"
- "Just another day in Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jacó
- Hotels in Jacó
- Transportation in Jacó
- Nightlife in Jacó
- Restaurants in Jacó
- Shopping in Jacó
- Warnings and Dangers in Jacó
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jacó
- 15 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Jacó?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jacó
Photos in JacóSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Trim Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ulaanbaatar 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Chicago Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Ballymote Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liepaja Intro, 5 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Taormina Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacó Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Siauliai Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- San José Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Dyersville Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues