"San Jose, Costa Rica" San José by happyhourkid

San José Travel Guide: 529 reviews and 888 photos

The Capital of the "Switzerland of Latin America."

Going on a road trip with friends or to a college town with friends is fun and good, but one of the best things you can do in life is take a major vacation with some of your best friends. So that's what we did.

After talking it over, we settled on Costa Rica. We even planned it so we would be down there for Super Bowl weekend, so some of the guys could take advantage of the legalized gambling. To enhance our experience, we decided we would stay in San Jose for the first two nights and head to Jaco Beach for the rest of the vacation (see my Jaco page for more information.)

The best way I can explain it is I had a "surreal time," and got a few surprises along the way.

San Jose is just like any major capital city in Latin America. It's got a wild nightlife district, a scenic town square, and decent routes out of town to its beach resort areas.

Please note-all requests for me to post pictures of myself from that night at Key Largo will be denied : )

• Pros:Major City. Convenient town square with plenty of nightlife and reasonably priced accomodations.
  • Cons:Some might find it to be a dream world, but trust me, it isn't long before the whores start to get annoying.
  • In a nutshell:Good for a couple of nights, but way too many pushy whores to want to put up with for an extended amount of time.
  • Intro Updated Sep 7, 2005

• Aug 28, 2007 at 12:24 PM

Admit it you liar that you went to Key Largo for the whores...Dont gimme any of that *** that you went to sing there...***

• Aug 25, 2007 at 5:50 PM

comment you keep mentioning whores and hordes of whores ,so called filthy whore you so kindly photographed and put on the internet so recklessly , try putting an american prostitutes pic and lets see how she f$%#s you out of every penny you ever will make

• nipper1's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2005 at 10:32 PM

looks like nothing wrong with nitelife in San Jose

Badges & Stats in San José

Have you been to San José?

Latest Activity in San José