"San Jose, Costa Rica" San José by happyhourkid
San José Travel Guide: 534 reviews and 910 photos
Going on a road trip with friends or to a college town with friends is fun and good, but one of the best things you can do in life is take a major vacation with some of your best friends. So that's what we did.
After talking it over, we settled on Costa Rica. We even planned it so we would be down there for Super Bowl weekend, so some of the guys could take advantage of the legalized gambling. To enhance our experience, we decided we would stay in San Jose for the first two nights and head to Jaco Beach for the rest of the vacation (see my Jaco page for more information.)
The best way I can explain it is I had a "surreal time," and got a few surprises along the way.
San Jose is just like any major capital city in Latin America. It's got a wild nightlife district, a scenic town square, and decent routes out of town to its beach resort areas.
Please note-all requests for me to post pictures of myself from that night at Key Largo will be denied : )
- Pros:Major City. Convenient town square with plenty of nightlife and reasonably priced accomodations.
- Cons:Some might find it to be a dream world, but trust me, it isn't long before the whores start to get annoying.
- In a nutshell:Good for a couple of nights, but way too many pushy whores to want to put up with for an extended amount of time.
At least for some. Again, I didn't have any clue on what I was heading into when I went on this vacation. I knew I was... more travel advice
And he still isn't done. Here's Rob freestyling, a la Dr. Dre. more travel advice
happyhourkid's Related Pages
San José Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Jose, Costa Rica"
- "Three (Green) Weeks in San José"
- "San Jose, Capital City of Costa Rica"
- "San Jose"
- "Pleasant, but don't dawdle here"
- "the capital..."
- "Where the Streets Have No Names"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San José
- Hotels in San José
- Transportation in San José
- Nightlife in San José
- Restaurants in San José
- Shopping in San José
- Warnings and Dangers in San José
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San José
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to San José?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San José
Photos in San JoséSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Trim Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ulaanbaatar 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Chicago Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Ballymote Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liepaja Intro, 5 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Taormina Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacó Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Siauliai Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- San José Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Dyersville Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues