"Fukuoka - a City of Two Halves" Fukuoka by SallyM
Fukuoka Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 453 photos
Like Budapest, Fukuoka is a city comprising two separate halves, divided by a river. Hakata, where the Japan Rail Station is located, is situated to the east of the Naka river, and Fukuoka to the west.
The majority of things to see are in Fukuoka, but Hakata is a convenient place to stay.
Before I went to Japan, I read in other travellers' tips and guidebooks that restaurants and hotels could be... more travel advice
There are several coffee shops in Hakata Station (which is a huge new building, containing 229 shops and 46... more travel advice
SallyM's Related Pages
Fukuoka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "trippingstonefree fukuoka"
- "Fukuoka, gateway to Kyushu"
- "Friendly Fukuoka"
- "Beautiful Fukuoka"
- "Japan's Little Gem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fukuoka
- Hotels in Fukuoka
- Transportation in Fukuoka
- Nightlife in Fukuoka
- Restaurants in Fukuoka
- Shopping in Fukuoka
- Warnings and Dangers in Fukuoka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fukuoka
- 17 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Fukuoka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fukuoka
Photos in FukuokaSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination High Wycombe Intro, 35 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taormina Intro, 23 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 39 photos
- Bellagio Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos
- Fukuoka Intro, 17 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ashgabat Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomsk Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Bukhara Intro, 16 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tobermory Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos
- Hiroshima Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos