"Cardiff - The Home of Doctor Who and Torchwood!" Cardiff by SallyM
Cardiff Travel Guide: 1,057 reviews and 3,027 photos
There is a whole new reason for visiting Cardiff these days - it is the place where the new series of Doctor Who, together with the spin-off series Torchwood and the Sarah Jane Adventures are filmed.
The water feature outside the Millennium Centre will be recognisable to fans of Torchwood as the entrance to the Hub. Fans can try to spot as many locations from the filming as possible.
For those not interested in Doctor Who, Cardiff Bay's other attractions include the Millennium Centre and lots of restaurants and bars.
Cardiff city centre is pretty much like any other, although it seems to have more than its fair share of shoe shops.
The Castle is well worth a visit. The keep is a ruin, but the later medieval living quarters were extensively and elaborately renovated in Victorian times. They have to be seen to be believed.
- Pros:Doctor Who and Torchwood
- Cons:Too many hen parties
A farmer's market is held in Cardiff city centre every Sunday from 10.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. It was started by a small... more travel advice
Giovanni's is a long-established, traditional Italian restaurant. We came across it quite by chance, and saw that they... more travel advice
SallyM's Related Pages
Cardiff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cardiff - the friendly capital"
- "Prifddinas Cymru (Capital of Wales)"
- "Croeso i Gaerdydd/ Welcome to Cardiff"
- "Cardiff ......My Hometown"
- "Cosmopolitan Cardiff"
- "capital of Wales"
- "Caerdydd - Britain's young capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cardiff
- Hotels in Cardiff
- Transportation in Cardiff
- Nightlife in Cardiff
- Restaurants in Cardiff
- Shopping in Cardiff
- Warnings and Dangers in Cardiff
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cardiff
- 9 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Cardiff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cardiff
Photos in CardiffSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination High Wycombe Intro, 35 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taormina Intro, 23 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 39 photos
- Bellagio Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos
- Fukuoka Intro, 17 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ashgabat Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomsk Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Bukhara Intro, 16 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tobermory Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos
- Hiroshima Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos