"Cardiff - The Home of Doctor Who and Torchwood!" Cardiff by SallyM
Cardiff Travel Guide: 1,032 reviews and 2,997 photos
There is a whole new reason for visiting Cardiff these days - it is the place where the new series of Doctor Who, together with the spin-off series Torchwood and the Sarah Jane Adventures are filmed.
The water feature outside the Millennium Centre will be recognisable to fans of Torchwood as the entrance to the Hub. Fans can try to spot as many locations from the filming as possible, and can also visit the Doctor Who Experience (sadly 'closed for regeneration' on my most recent visit, but it will be reopening in October 2014.)
For those not interested in Doctor Who, Cardiff Bay's other attractions include the Millennium Centre and lots of restaurants and bars.
Cardiff city centre is pretty much like any other, although it seems to have more than its fair share of shoe shops.
The Castle is well worth a visit. The keep is a ruin, but the later medieval living quarters were extensively and elaborately renovated in Victorian times. They have to be seen to be believed.
- Pros:Doctor Who and Torchwood
- Cons:Too many hen parties
This wall in the Cardiff Bay area (opposite Mermaid Quay) has been used by fans as a makeshift memorial to the character... more travel advice
The Millennium Centre is Cardiff's arts centre and opera house, but it is an iconic building in its own right. It was... more travel advice
SallyM's Related Pages
Cardiff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cardiff - the friendly capital"
- "Prifddinas Cymru (Capital of Wales)"
- "Croeso i Gaerdydd/ Welcome to Cardiff"
- "Cosmopolitan Cardiff"
- "Cardiff ......My Hometown"
- "capital of Wales"
- "Caerdydd - Britain's young capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cardiff
- Hotels in Cardiff
- Transportation in Cardiff
- Nightlife in Cardiff
- Restaurants in Cardiff
- Shopping in Cardiff
- Warnings and Dangers in Cardiff
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cardiff
- 9 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Cardiff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cardiff
Photos in CardiffSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination High Wycombe Intro, 37 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 40 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taormina Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kingston upon Hull Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Bellagio Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Singapore Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos
- Fukuoka Intro, 17 reviews, 35 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ashgabat Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos