"Marlow" Top 5 Page for this destination Marlow by SallyM
Marlow Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 74 photos
Marlow is a small town in Buckinghamshire, on the River Thames.
When I was younger, my grandparents used to take me there to play in Higginson Park and feed the ducks. I recently returned and found that not much has changed (a few more coffee shops, though).
Marlow's claims to fame include:
- The suspension bridge, designed by William Tierney Clark in 1832. Clark later designed a similar bridge over the Danube in Budapest.
- Percy and Mary Shelley, who lived in West Street for a while. Mary finished her novel Frankenstein while she was there.
- T S Eliot, who lived in West Street after WW1.
- Pros:Excellent chocolate shops, nice park (in summer)
You have to...they expect it. Stand by the river bank and an expectant horde of water fowl will swiftly arrive. But all... more travel advice
SallyM's Related Pages
Marlow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marlow - on the Thames"
- "Marlow, Buckinghamshire"
- "Marlow on Thames"
- "Marlow, UK"
- "Marlow by the Thames"
- "The little town of Marlow"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marlow
- Hotels in Marlow
- Nightlife in Marlow
- Restaurants in Marlow
- Shopping in Marlow
- Warnings and Dangers in Marlow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marlow
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Marlow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marlow
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination High Wycombe Intro, 37 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 40 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taormina Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kingston upon Hull Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Bellagio Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Singapore Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos
- Fukuoka Intro, 17 reviews, 35 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ashgabat Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos