"Stratford-upon-Avon" Stratford-upon-Avon by SallyM
Stratford-upon-Avon Travel Guide: 394 reviews and 1,136 photos
As an attractive and historic town I suppose that Stratford-upon-Avon would attract visitors even if it weren't for its literary connections, but the Shakespeare connection is certainly well to the fore.
Even a local secondhand bookshop boasts a shelf of Shakespeare's works under the label 'local author'.
If all the culture gets too much, you can sit by the river and talk to the ducks, or take a boat ride.
If you want to feed the ducks, you can buy duck food at the Tourist Information Centre for £1 - it's much better for the ducks than stale bread.
If you are there on a Sunday during the summer, you may also have the opportunity to meet some owls at the Waterside Market.
But don't forget to go to the theatre!
- Pros:Shakespeare, the RSC, lots of restaurants
- Cons:Can be crowded and touristy
- In a nutshell:Go there. Watch a Shakespeare play. Now.
As a change from Shakespeare, you might visit Compton Verney, an art gallery about 9 miles from Stratford. It's a... more travel advice
I have stayed in this hotel twice now for overnight stops when visiting the RSC Theatre. It's part of the Travelodge... more travel advice
SallyM's Related Pages
Stratford-upon-Avon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stratford on Avon"
- "The land of the Bard ~ Stratford-upon-Avon"
- "STRATFORD UPON AVON"
- "The Bard's Hometown"
- "Shakespeare's town"
- "For the Love of Will"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stratford-upon-Avon
- Hotels in Stratford-upon-Avon
- Transportation in Stratford-upon-Avon
- Nightlife in Stratford-upon-Avon
- Restaurants in Stratford-upon-Avon
- Shopping in Stratford-upon-Avon
- Warnings and Dangers in Stratford-upon-Avon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stratford-upon-Avon
- 13 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Stratford-upon-Avon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stratford-upon-Avon
Photos in Stratford-upon-AvonSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination High Wycombe Intro, 36 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taormina Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 37 reviews, 42 photos
- Bellagio Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos
- Singapore Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 18 reviews, 35 photos
- Fukuoka Intro, 17 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ashgabat Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomsk Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Bukhara Intro, 16 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue