"Taormina - for relaxing pottering" Top 5 Page for this destination Taormina by SallyM
Taormina Travel Guide: 246 reviews and 654 photos
I have just been on my fourth visit to Taormina. It has not changed much since my first trip in 1995 (apart from the 'free WiFi' signs at various cafes and restaurants).
Stunning scenery, historic remains, beautiful gardens, delicious food and gelati to die for - no wonder I keep coming back!
There are very many eateries in Taormina, ranging from snack bars where you can pick up an arancino (Sicilian rice ball) or pizza relatively cheaply, to some very upmarket restaurants.
We established the 'swordfish scale' for evaluating the expensiveness of restaurants. Virtually all of them have grilled swordfish (pesce spada) on the menu, but prices range from around 12 euros to 20 and above. Down in Giardini Naxos, the scale goes down to 9 euros!
Taormina really comes to life at night. There's lots of strolling around, window shopping, listening to live music and eating gelati.
- Pros:Pretty, lots of pottering, great food
There is more to Taormina than what you can see at street level. Look up and there are lots of very pretty balconies to... more travel advice
The beach at Taormina is quite small and rocky. It's not the place to go for solitude and wide expanses of sand. On the... more travel advice
SallyM's Related Pages
Taormina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Taormina a charming little place"
- "Taormina - for relaxing pottering"
- "Lovely Taormina"
- "Babylonian Chaos"
- "La bella"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taormina
- Hotels in Taormina
- Transportation in Taormina
- Nightlife in Taormina
- Restaurants in Taormina
- Shopping in Taormina
- Warnings and Dangers in Taormina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taormina
- 23 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Taormina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taormina
Photos in TaorminaSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination High Wycombe Intro, 35 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taormina Intro, 23 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- Bellagio Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos
- Fukuoka Intro, 17 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ashgabat Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomsk Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Tobermory Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos
- Hiroshima Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos
- Bukhara Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos