"Taormina - for relaxing pottering" Top 5 Page for this destination Taormina by SallyM
Taormina Travel Guide: 276 reviews and 740 photos
I have just been on my fourth visit to Taormina. It has not changed much since my first trip in 1995 (apart from the 'free WiFi' signs at various cafes and restaurants).
Stunning scenery, historic remains, beautiful gardens, delicious food and gelati to die for - no wonder I keep coming back!
There are very many eateries in Taormina, ranging from snack bars where you can pick up an arancino (Sicilian rice ball) or pizza relatively cheaply, to some very upmarket restaurants.
We established the 'swordfish scale' for evaluating the expensiveness of restaurants. Virtually all of them have grilled swordfish (pesce spada) on the menu, but prices range from around 12 euros to 20 and above. Down in Giardini Naxos, the scale goes down to 9 euros!
Taormina really comes to life at night. There's lots of strolling around, window shopping, listening to live music and eating gelati.
- Pros:Pretty, lots of pottering, great food
Giardini-Naxos is the next town along the cost from Taormina, in the direction of Catania. Unlike Taormina, it's down at... more travel advice
You have the choice of either walking up to Castelmola or taking the local bus. In the summer heat, I would recommend... more travel advice
SallyM's Related Pages
Taormina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Taormina a charming little place"
- "Taormina - for relaxing pottering"
- "Lovely Taormina"
- "TAORMINA AT ITS BUSIEST!"
- "Babylonian Chaos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taormina
- Hotels in Taormina
- Transportation in Taormina
- Nightlife in Taormina
- Restaurants in Taormina
- Shopping in Taormina
- Warnings and Dangers in Taormina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taormina
- 24 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Taormina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taormina
Photos in TaorminaSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 50 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination High Wycombe Intro, 39 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 24 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taormina Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kingston upon Hull Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos
- P'yongyang Intro, 18 reviews, 53 photos
- Torquay Intro, 12 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bellagio Intro, 16 reviews, 44 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Singapore Intro, 14 reviews, 43 photos