"3 nights in Cheticamp" Chéticamp by Tricky_Dicky69
Chéticamp Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 77 photos
We stayed in Cheticamp for 3 nights while touring Nova Scotia for a couple of weeks. We found this to be a good base for exploring the northern side of Cape Breton Island. The town is small and very friendly and has only about 4000 inhabitants.
There are just enough restaurants to give visitors a bit of choice as well as numerous B & B's and Motels. We stayed at Laurie's Motor Inn which was fab. We were offered a rate on the luxury suite that we couldn't refuse so we stayed in style.
We found 3 nights to be about the right length of stay to give us just time to enjoy the surroundings before moving on. There are some nice beaches to the south of town while to the north is the Cabot Trail with it's famous scenic coast road which leads to The Cape Breton Highlands. We stopped at one point to watch a moose that had come down to a lake for a drink.
There is some fantastic scenery and great hiking, if that's your cup of tea. We went to the local co-op store and bought some rolls for lunch which we ate at a deserted picnic site right by the sea with great views along the coast.
If you enjoy a walk don't miss this one as the views are amazing. The view at the end of the walk must be one of the most photographed places in Nova Scotia. The trail starts from the car park and goes through trees and bushes before opening out to give great views down along the coast. Take a picnic to sit and enjoy the view for a while. The walk is fairly flat and not too long - enjoy !
There is some useful info at www.cheticampns.com/
- Pros:Quiet, scenic, friendly, good location for touring the area.
- Cons:Didn't find any !!
- In a nutshell:The gateway to The Cape Breton Highlands.
Wabo's Pizza-Restaurant is right on the Cheticamp Boardwalk overlooking the harbour with great views of Cheticamp... more travel advice
Tricky_Dicky69's Related Pages
Chéticamp Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CHETICAMP - HOME OF THE ACADIANS"
- "3 nights in Cheticamp"
- "Chéticamp - Gateway to Cape Breton Highlands NP"
- "Cheticamp Nova Scotia"
- "B & B"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chéticamp
- Hotels in Chéticamp
- Restaurants in Chéticamp
- Shopping in Chéticamp
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chéticamp
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Chéticamp?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chéticamp
Photos in ChéticampSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Halifax Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Palma de Mallorca Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Toronto Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Valencia Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos