"FLYING VISIT - 2007" Pictou by Tricky_Dicky69
Pictou Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 36 photos
We had visited Pictou briefly in 2005 as we drove through on our way to Cape Breton but decided to stay for a night this time round. The town is definitely worth a visit but only for a day or two. The boardwalk on the waterfront has a few attractions, shops etc.
We had no accommodation booked in advance and decided to stay at The Braeside Inn as we had looked at the website before when we were doing our research for our first visit to NS. Nice hotel.
Unfortunately there is a hulking great factory or industrial plant of some sort straight across the water from Pictou. The view is less than picturesque but the worst part is the nasty smell that envelopes Pictou when the wind is in the wrong direction.
- Pros:Nice boardwalk.
- Cons:The view and the smell !!
The Hector Heritage Quay Experience is one of the main attractions in Pictou and is acclaimed as one of the most... more travel advice
The Stone House Cafe restaurant is one of Pictou's most historic buildings and dates back to the early 1800's. The... more travel advice
Tricky_Dicky69's Related Pages
Pictou Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Pictou
- Hotels in Pictou
- Transportation in Pictou
- Nightlife in Pictou
- Restaurants in Pictou
- Warnings and Dangers in Pictou
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pictou
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Pictou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pictou
Photos in PictouSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Halifax Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Palma de Mallorca Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Toronto Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Valencia Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos