"3 Nights in Prague, Jan '05 + 2 in April, 2006." Prague by Tricky_Dicky69
Prague Travel Guide: 11,916 reviews and 25,075 photos
We spent 3 nights in Prague in January, 2005 and loved it despite the cold weather. We stayed just far enough outside the centre to be in a quiet location but near enough to reach the centre in a few stops on the metro. A travel card purchased on arrival at the airport was outstanding value and valid on buses, trams, metro & some local trains, all of which were safe, reliable, frequent and easy to use. Buses are frequent from the airport and reach town in 20-25 minutes.
Although cold, January is probably quite a good time to visit if you don't like things too crowded. Places were still fairly busy but not like it would be in summer.
All food and drink that we tried was good quality and well priced. Best value is if you go for a set tourist menu in a traditional Czech restaurant. Worst value were the drinks in our hotel bar. We had a great meal at the top of the radio tower, a fantastic Thai meal at Lemon Leaf and a treat for the tastebuds at Square. Best prices are found outside the city centre, as usual.
Don't miss the Castle but make sure that you leave plenty of time for your visit. If you want the scenic route go to Mala Strana and take the funicular that runs up Petrin Hill, turn right and follow the footpath signposted to the Castle. It's a pleasent, short walk and gives great views of the river and the entire city.
We enjoyed Prague so much the first time that we returned, taking the 'inlaws', in April 2006 to celebrate Chris's birthday. This was a budget trip with cheap flights and a low cost Hotel. The weather was much kinder to us this time but things were much busier compared to our first visit. The place must be packed out in the height of summer.
We stayed even further outside the town centre but not a problem as the Prague transport is so good. A good time was had by all and I suspect that this might not be our last visit to Prague.
- Pros:Lots to do & see, relatively cheap, easy to get around.
- Cons:Nothing worth mentioning.
- In a nutshell:Something for everyone.
Four of us went to Prague for 2 nights to celebrate my Wife's birthday. We had been to Prague before, liked it, and just... more travel advice
Getting around Prague is relatively easy and cheap. Best value is a travel card which covers all buses, trams and the... more travel advice
Tricky_Dicky69's Related Pages
Prague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great and romantic place !"
- "The beautiful town of Prague"
- "WOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY!"
- "Praha is amazing!"
- "Peramble Around Prague"
- "prague czech republic"
- "PRAHA - PRAGUE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prague
- Hotels in Prague
- Transportation in Prague
- Nightlife in Prague
- Restaurants in Prague
- Shopping in Prague
- Warnings and Dangers in Prague
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prague
- 8 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prague
- updated a Prague Travel Page "3 Nights in Prague, Jan '05 + 2 in April, 2006."
- Posted in Travel Auckland Forum "Re: One night in Auckland."
- Commented on one of zizkov's Prague travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Basic, clean, cheap but good value."
- Wrote a Review Basic, clean, cheap but good value. in Prague Hotels
Photos in PragueSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Halifax Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Palma de Mallorca Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Toronto Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Valencia Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos