"PERRANPORTH, NORTH CORNWALL." Perranporth by Tricky_Dicky69
Perranporth Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 51 photos
Perranporth is a small coastal town in north Cornwall which is popular with surfers and famillies alike. It's popularity is the result of the combination of good surfing waves and a large sandy beach.
We stopped there for just one night while we were walking some of the south-west coastpath. We were walking from Newquay to St. Ives and this was our first stopping point. We had walked about 11 miles to get there on a very hot day.
The sandy beach is one of the main attractions here. When the tide is out it goes for about 2 miles but gets a lot smaller when the tide is in. If you are walking the coast path, are heading west and arrive when the tide is out I would advise dropping down to the beach a.s.a.p. to avoid having to walk through the sand dunes where it is hard to find the route and very hard work.
Perranporth has enough available to keep anyone occupied for a few nights, as long as you are not loking for wild nightlife. There is a choice of a handfull of pubs that do food as well as restaurants offering chineese, indian, italian etc. We went for the curry option, as is my habit.
We stayed in a hotel / b & b which was great value, in a good location and all booked on-line. This was definitely a room with a view as it looked eastwards straight down the huge sandy beech.
The town is definitely worth a visit for a few days or for a day trip if you're in the area.
- Pros:Great sandy beech, good for surfing, lifeguards.
- Cons:not many.
Nice little curry house by the sea. Food was pretty good and quite cheap as well. Inside of restaurant is fairly basic... more travel advice
Tricky_Dicky69's Related Pages
Perranporth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Picturesque Perranporth"
- "PERRANPORTH, NORTH CORNWALL."
- "Surfing at the Coast of Dream!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Perranporth
- Hotels in Perranporth
- Restaurants in Perranporth
- Shopping in Perranporth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Perranporth
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Perranporth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Perranporth
Photos in PerranporthSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Halifax Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Palma de Mallorca Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Toronto Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Valencia Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos