"BEAUTIFUL St. IVES" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives by Tricky_Dicky69
Saint Ives Travel Guide: 145 reviews and 302 photos
St Ives is situated on Cornwall's rugged north coast and has something for everyone. There are lovely beaches for swimming and surfing, a nice harbour for boat trips for sighseeing or fishing, quant narrow streets with plenty of interesting shops as well as art galleries and museums.
Although St. Ives is a fairly small town the choice of places to eat or drink is huge. There are plenty of pubs and bars as well as 50 restaurants offering locally caught seafood in addition to more exotic fare from around the world.
The town gets really busy in the summer and the narrow streets can get clogged up with traffic. Car parking spaces are also in short supply so arrive early or leave the car at the park and ride and come in by train. See travel tip for details.
There is no shortage of places to stay, ranging from large hotels to a backpackers hostel. Best value though is probably a B & B and there are literally hundreds to choose from.
We stayed at The Old Count House which is a beautiful granite property dating back to 1825. ( www.theoldcounthouse-stives.co.uk )
These web-sites have some good local info :
This is a popular place to visit for walkers as The South West Coast Path runs right through town. There is spectacular coastal scenery if you head west from St. Ives. The coast path is pretty hilly, on this section, but well worth the effort for the views.
If you prefer a more relaxing walk catch the train from St. Ives to St. Earth and then walk back along the coast path which takes you through Lelant & Carbis Bay offering lovely views across St. Ives bay to Hayle beach. The exercise will do you good and that evening meal will taste so much better !!!
We arrived in St. Ives after walking from Newquay, having stopped along the way at Perranporth, St. Agnes, Portreath and Hayle.
- Pros:Scenery, harbour, lots of pubs and restaurants.
- Cons:Seagulls, traffic, parking.
- In a nutshell:St. Ives, something for everyone.
These web-sites have some good local info : www.visitstives.co.uk/ www.stives-cornwall.co.uk/ www.onestives.co.uk/ more travel advice
The Southwest Coastpath runs right through St Ives so if you fancy a walk then you have a choice of 2 directions. Our... more travel advice
Tricky_Dicky69's Related Pages
Saint Ives Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Porth Ia"
- "St Ives, Cornwall"
- "Wonderful scenery and great food!"
- "BEAUTIFUL St. IVES"
- "St. Ives in the Cornish Riviera"
- "Birthday Weekend"
- "This View Will Always Put A Smile On My Face :-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Ives
- Hotels in Saint Ives
- Transportation in Saint Ives
- Nightlife in Saint Ives
- Restaurants in Saint Ives
- Shopping in Saint Ives
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Ives
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Ives
- 8 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Saint Ives?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Ives
Photos in Saint IvesSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Halifax Intro, 17 reviews, 48 photos
- Palma de Mallorca Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Toronto Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Budapest Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Ives Intro, 8 reviews, 27 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Valencia Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos
- Ibiza Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos