"Travels of Tricky Dicky" Tricky_Dicky69's Profile

Welcome.

Welcome to my travel pages, I hope you will find something of interest or some information that may help you to enjoy your own trip to a place that I have been lucky enough to have visited. I tend to mainly leave info and comments on hotels and restaurants as these are the kind of tips that I find most useful myself. If you want general information on tourist attractions then you can find that anywhere.

I live in Chatham, Kent, England and am married to Chris. We have 2 big " children " and 4 Grand-kids. We have been making the most of our new found freedom now that our children are all grown up.

I enjoy golf, cycling, drinking and walking, amongst other things, and try to include some or all of these activities during holidays.

These are some of the places that I have been lucky enough to have visited:

June, 2001 - Ibiza, Spain.
Oct, 2001 - Bilbao, Spain.

March, 2002 - Toronto, Canada.
April, 2002 - Las Vegas, USA.
Oct, 2002 - Barcelona, Spain.

March, 2003 - Sitges, Spain.
May, 2003 - Alicante, Spain.
Oct, 2003 - Alicante, Spain. ( Golf )
Nov, 2003 - Lynton, Devon.

May, 2004 - Ilfracombe, Devon. ( Golf )
July, 2004 - Budapest, Hungary.
Aug, 2004 - Lynton, Devon.
Sept, 2004 -Ilfracombe, Devon. ( Golf )
Oct, 2004 - Majorca, Spain.

Jan, 2005 - Prague, Czech Republic.
March, 2005 - Valencia, Spain.
Aug, 2005 - Nova Scotia, Canada.

March, 2006 - Santander, Spain.
April, 2006 - Prague, Czech Republic.
June, 2006 - Newquay to St. Ives. ( Coast path Walk )
Sept, 2006 - Madeira, Portugal.
Sept, 2006 - Lynton, Devon.

March, 2007 - Albufeira, Portugal.
March, 2007 - Warsaw, Poland.
Aug, 2007, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Sept, 2007 - Lynton, Devon.

March, 2008 - Madeira, Portugal.
Aug, 2008 - Great Yarmouth, Norfolk.
Sept, 2008 - Pisa, Italy.
Sept, 2008 - Bude, Cornwall.
Oct, 2008 - Albufeira, Portugal.

March, 2009 - Lanzarote, Spain.
May, 2009 - Banff - Vancouver, Canada. ( Road trip )
Aug, 2009 - Brixham, Devon.
Sept, 2009 - Looe, Cornwall.
Oct, 2009 - Majorca, Spain.

May, 2010 - Majorca, Spain.
July, 2010 - Weymouth, Dorset.
Sept, 2010 - Lynton, Devon.
Oct, 2010 - Poole, Dorset.
Nov, 2010 - Phuket, Thailand.
Nov, 2010 - South Island, New Zealand.
Dec, 2010 - Singapore.

March, 2011 - Albufeira, Portugal.
April, 2011 - Albufeira, Portugal.
Sept, 2011 - N. Devon
Sept, 2011 - Majorca, Spain.
Sept, 2011 - Eastbourne, Sussex
Oct, 2011 - Corfu, Greece.

March, 2012 - Fuerteventura, Spain.
August, 2012 - Dorset, UK.
October, 2012 - Majorca, Spain.
November, 2012 - Lanzarote, Spain.

March, 2013 - Albufeira, Portugal.
October, 2013 - Majorca, Spain.
November, 2013 - Bath, UK

Forthcoming trips:

March, 2014 - Prague.
October, 2014 - Majorca, Spain.

Walking the South-West Coast Path in Cornwall.

Chris and I enjoyed a trip to Cornwall in 2006 to walk some of The South-West Coast-Path which runs for a total of 630 miles from Minehead in the north to Poole Harbour in the south via Lands End.

To say that Chris and I enjoyed the walk wouldn't be strictly acurate. I really enjoyed all of the walk and Chris enjoyed some of it. We are definitely not super-fit athletes and therefore found it to be hard work. We were blessed with a lack of rain and plenty of sunshine which resulted in some very hot conditions for strenuous walking.

We tried to plan the route carefully to give a mixture of hard and easy days but some sections were very hard going to say the least. For every downhill or flat section there always seemed to be more steep, uphill sections. Hard as they were, all the uphill slogs were worth the effort as they were rewarded by the first sight of the next piece of amazing scenery.

There is a big world out there full of amazing sights but for the few days of our walk as we enjoyed the sunshine, the adventure, the friendly people and the truly beautiful scenery we couldn't have wished to be anywhere else.

Touring Nova Scotia

Chris and I had been planning our trip to Nova Scotia to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary for over a year. We had spent hours looking at web-sites, maps, visitor's guides etc. and planning what to do and where to stay. After all the careful planning I hoped that it wouldn't be an anti-climax.

I didn't need to worry as everything turned out to be even better than I could have hoped for. We were there for 18 days and enjoyed every single minute of it. The weather was good, the scenery was beautiful and the people were incredibly friendly and helpful. I love it when a plan comes together!! Chris and I loved Nova Scotia and will definitely be going back.

UPDATE - we loved it so much that we returned 2 years later to visit some familiar favourite places and to reach some of the parts that we missed first time round. I suspect that we will return for another visit at some time in the future.

Lynton & Lynmouth, Devon, England.

We have stayed In Lynton several times and always enjoy our trips there. The area has some fantastic scenery and is an ideal location for walking either along the coastal path, through river valleys or on the moors. The exercise helps to burn off some of the calories from english breakfasts, cream teas or gallons of real-ale.

• Intro Updated Feb 1, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Tricky_Dicky69's Profile Photo

Tricky_Dicky69

“Don't just think about it - go.”

Real Name