"SEASIDE - FLORIDA" Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Beach by RoyJava
Pensacola Beach Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 120 photos
Have you ever been somewhere at a place which had been all perfect, most brilliant, upmost ideal, and yet you felt something that doesn't add up with that perfection? I did!
... a bizar experience.
Travellin' with a German fashion crew we headed for Florida, North West America. From Pensacola, Florida, heading for Seaside on the Gulf of Mexico in Florida's Panhandle, tucked between Grayton Beach and Seagrove Beach. And known for its white, sandy beaches ... this white, in fact, made me the idea walking on sugar or in snow. Seasides weather is mild, with an average annual temperature of 75 degrees and an average 343 days of sunshine each year.
I felt the cool breeze of the Gulf of Mexico, walked on the weird white sand, like on snow, enjoyed the perfection of the beautiful cottages ... Its beauty is apparent, but without individuality it fails to shine enough to be remembered ... thanks for visiting
See how carefully Seaside has been designed and, recreate a small-town in a weirdly perfect way like people imagine to be. Seaside is so perfect that it could be a movie set. And indeed it was for a while to us. They say things slow down up in the South ... maybe a worthwhile truth, one that is certainly welcome for the busy citizen, here in Panhandle, too!
Wow, that ideal, a real paradise to fashion-photographers. We got the permission to work and shoot anywhere we would. Without any objection of its inhabitants ... although we felt their concealed eyes at our backs. Well, I actually did ... ; - ))
Pensacola people love the aviation, reaching back to old times, when an air station was built here. From that moment some top-notch aviators got produced.
I still am confused the Pensacola Beach area isn't Pensacola city itself. And the Seaside isn't Pensacola Beach! Dummy moi, summer fashion does need blue air, white beaches ... and beautiful villa's, and cottages to stay ... does it ? So the German fashion crew choose for the best! Maybe it is the idea of "time-share" that gave me the creep ... so I could experience that at ... Seaside! Still a bizar experience.
- Pros:Beach-beauty, cleanly, courteous, perfection, history
- Cons:Clammy, coverture, tiptoe-walking, isolated, time-share
- In a nutshell:Either Dream Your Perfection Or Perfect Your Dream
We flew from Miami to Pensacola, and went on by car ... yep, quite a drive for Europeans. Whether by car, RV, plane, bus... more travel advice
RoyJava's Related Pages
Pensacola Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SEASIDE - FLORIDA"
- "Pensacola Beach 45 Years Ago and Today"
- "Pensacola Beach"
- "A Bit of Winter Sun"
- "Pensacola Beach, February 2004"
- "Beautiful Emerald Beach with Southern Hospitality"
- "Pensacola beach, Florida"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pensacola Beach
- Hotels in Pensacola Beach
- Transportation in Pensacola Beach
- Nightlife in Pensacola Beach
- Restaurants in Pensacola Beach
- Shopping in Pensacola Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Pensacola Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pensacola Beach
- 17 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Pensacola Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pensacola Beach
Photos in Pensacola BeachSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos