"SEASIDE - FLORIDA" Top 5 Page for this destination Pensacola Beach by RoyJava

Pensacola Beach Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 131 photos

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ?

Have you ever been somewhere at a place which had been all perfect, most brilliant, upmost ideal, and yet you felt something that doesn't add up with that perfection? I did!
... a bizar experience.

Travellin' with a German fashion crew we headed for Florida, North West America. From Pensacola, Florida, heading for Seaside on the Gulf of Mexico in Florida's Panhandle, tucked between Grayton Beach and Seagrove Beach. And known for its white, sandy beaches ... this white, in fact, made me the idea walking on sugar or in snow. Seasides weather is mild, with an average annual temperature of 75 degrees and an average 343 days of sunshine each year.

I felt the cool breeze of the Gulf of Mexico, walked on the weird white sand, like on snow, enjoyed the perfection of the beautiful cottages ... Its beauty is apparent, but without individuality it fails to shine enough to be remembered ... thanks for visiting

Strike The Pose!!!

See how carefully Seaside has been designed and, recreate a small-town in a weirdly perfect way like people imagine to be. Seaside is so perfect that it could be a movie set. And indeed it was for a while to us. They say things slow down up in the South ... maybe a worthwhile truth, one that is certainly welcome for the busy citizen, here in Panhandle, too!

Wow, that ideal, a real paradise to fashion-photographers. We got the permission to work and shoot anywhere we would. Without any objection of its inhabitants ... although we felt their concealed eyes at our backs. Well, I actually did ... ; - ))

Pensacola, Pensacola Beach, Seaside???

Pensacola people love the aviation, reaching back to old times, when an air station was built here. From that moment some top-notch aviators got produced.

I still am confused the Pensacola Beach area isn't Pensacola city itself. And the Seaside isn't Pensacola Beach! Dummy moi, summer fashion does need blue air, white beaches ... and beautiful villa's, and cottages to stay ... does it ? So the German fashion crew choose for the best! Maybe it is the idea of "time-share" that gave me the creep ... so I could experience that at ... Seaside! Still a bizar experience.

• Pros:Beach-beauty, cleanly, courteous, perfection, history
  • Cons:Clammy, coverture, tiptoe-walking, isolated, time-share
  • In a nutshell:Either Dream Your Perfection Or Perfect Your Dream
  • Last visit to Pensacola Beach: Nov 1997
  • Intro Updated Apr 12, 2010

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Nice seaside post office. Interesting to know about the sand dollar. Cheers, SL :)

• Tina-Perth's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2006 at 7:56 PM

Interesting about the trolls. I didn't know they were priestesses, I only knew of the ones under the bridge.

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2005 at 2:07 PM

Seaside is 70 miles from Pensacola. http://www.seasidefl.com/. The movie, The Truman Show (1998), was filmed there. Seaside reminds me of Stepford. Another, more charming, planned community near there is Rosemary Beach. http://www.rosemarybeach.com/

• dfactor's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2005 at 5:01 AM

Great page. I'm planning on visiting Fl this fall, not quite know where to go. Guess I'll make a stop at Pensacolo.

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 11:54 AM

Great page. I have been to several Gulf coast resorts in Florida but never Pensacola. I may have to check it out.

• catalysta's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2004 at 2:48 PM

Idyll-By-The-Sea sounds so...well, idyllic! Hope it's still there now. Nice page, great tips!...cat

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 10:54 PM

Wow Roy that is a great page you made ,mooi hoor prachtig. We will be going to Pensecola in a month or so we have some VT friends there and you helped a lot with this beautiful page yo made. ben jij een echte Hagenaar Roy ??

• canadiantravelgirl's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2004 at 3:35 AM

I have been to FL several times and I have never been to Pensacola Beach. Maybe next year I will put it on my list of places to chill out! Thanks for the info!

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2004 at 7:26 PM

a very good coverage of Pensacola Beach. Thanks for the tips and advice.

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2004 at 10:47 AM

cool pensacola beach page, mas Roy. and the picture i love most is about sunset over pensacola >> romantic and but mystic ;) thanks to visit kampung tibet saya di delhi :D

RoyJava

“Travelin' is discoverin' without knowing your goal”

Badges & Stats in Pensacola Beach

Have you been to Pensacola Beach?

Latest Activity in Pensacola Beach