"ARUBA - CARRIBEAN PEARL" Aruba by RoyJava
Aruba Travel Guide: 859 reviews and 2,170 photos
Ge ... we bring good things to life. An Aruban thought you may hear at one of the Netherlands Antilles, Caribbean. It belongs to the ABC-islands where a Southerly boat-trip over the Caribbean Sea to the Venezuelan coast will take a short time (only 15 miles away).
I flew with Sabine from London to Aruba mixed up in a deep conversation, so we haven't noticed the longitude of the trip. That long we had not seen each other ... and we continued at Aruba during our work for Dutch magazine Harper's Bazar... together with my brother who stayed at the same spot.
Our Dutch Queen Beatrix is "chief of state" here, because Aruba still is an autonomous member of Netherlands Kingdom, (on its own since 30 April 1980). Thanks for visiting.
Known for its colorful tint of water the Southern coast is named Turquoise Coast, with beautiful, snow-white sand. It is completed with private beaches and a lot of hotels. Our hotel, the Renaissance Ocean Suites & Casino, got a fabulous strip where we could work without intruding ... except the sunburn went faster as we thougth. The Northern coast is said to be dangerous for swimming, so we stayed in Southern sections.
Aruba means "oro huba" (Spanish for "there's gold"), however the Spain traders left the island, maybe because of the Indians of Caquetio Arawak-tribe who still live at Turibana, Guadirikiri, and others.
To me the Aruban-trip was a golden time, meeting after a long while my brother, at that time still a dancer (see pic, with friend-dancer). You could find the dance group in the Hotel Casino and, you can guess we had a wonderfull time ... although it was quite a while ago (1994). Fortunately the lover of my Dutch sister-in-law has been born on Aruba and, returns every year with her ... so I do hear the newest and exciting stuff !
- Pros:White beaches, aquamarine ocean, deep-sea diving, Dutch-speaking,
- Cons:One-way-wind, dangerous sun-beam, Dutch-speaking, tiny little biting flies
- In a nutshell:Holiday Place In One Little Pearl
It is an upmost heard question "if there are sharks in the water". Ofcourse my dear, sharks do live in the ocean all... more travel advice
Language: >>> While Dutch is the official language of the islands, the people from the ABC-islands also have... more travel advice
RoyJava's Related Pages
Aruba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Escape from Chicago's winter to Aruba"
- "Things That Make You Go.....WOW!!!"
- "Aaaaawesome Arrrruuuuba!!!!"
- "Thanksgiving in Aruba"
- "Amapola Goes to Aruba"
- "Arid and Friendly"
- "ARUBA - CARRIBEAN PEARL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aruba
- Hotels in Aruba
- Transportation in Aruba
- Nightlife in Aruba
- Restaurants in Aruba
- Shopping in Aruba
- Warnings and Dangers in Aruba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aruba
- 14 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Aruba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aruba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos