"COSTA RICA - A Growing Touristy Region" Costa Rica by RoyJava

Costa Rica Travel Guide: 5,611 reviews and 12,090 photos

My Birthday

My agency phoned me to pack my stuff and prepare for Costa Rica. I thought I was going to Italy, dummy moi!

Taking care of my visa I didnot know where the untouristy region of Costa Rica exactly could be found at that time. And my enthousiasm arose with the knowledge about this super spot. An Indonesian-like climate, inhabited by Spanish speaking people,... a mixture of Indians and Romanic immigrants. Oh my oh my ...

Euh,... the one covered with a sarong is me! It was my birthday and the whole crew was informed about out of Amsterdam ... they started to sing loudly in Dutch language, I felt embarrassed, though was nice present, huh? The second time my birthday got celebrated abroad.
Thanks for visiting.

Maybe ...

Maybe, Costa Rica is the most ideal country you can think of. Imagine, there is no military, no illiterates, no bitter cold winter, no poverty, so one could create here an ultimate paradise. Visitors are welcomed any time, anywhere, and together with some 1000 other reasons Costa Rica could turn into the same non-army country in Europe, Switzerland. Richly assigned, with dollars and an abundance of fauna & flora. Some fashion groups love the area, and I visited Costa Rica twice ...

Hotel Villa Caletas

Returning to Costa Rica is visiting the perfect gem of Central America. Or at least a come-back to its oasis of calm within an ecotourist heaven. Where you can surf along the beach, lay in the sun creating some laziness.

Being lazy? No way! Second time I visited Costa Rica I wished to work with 2 great models by all means. Gene West and Joanna both had an international reputation as model, so I pushed myself to exert myself to the utmost to get the job. And YESH... I got it!!!

And came to the truth! Staying at the most beautiful Hotel Villa Caletas, the season was going to turn to the "green season". That means, ALL is alive! Included the bugs, creeping monsters, huge scorpions & stick-insects, flying objects and to make matters worse ... the African Killer Bee!!! I felt much more safer at the Indonesian Komodo Island ...

• Pros:Tropical jungle, tropical paradise, tropical beaches, tropical ecotourism
  • Cons:Development of huge jungle creatures, development of local theft & robbery
  • In a nutshell:Costa Rica ... Paradise In Hell ???
  • Last visit to Costa Rica: Mar 1998
  • Intro Updated Nov 27, 2009

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2007 at 2:56 AM

Excellent useful tips for any first time visitors to Costa Rica. What a beautiful country but thanks for all the warnings of the danger and of the nasty insects :)

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2007 at 10:07 AM

Very interesting perspectives on a beautiful little country. Love the wildlife.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2006 at 4:26 AM

Interesting pages.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2005 at 1:18 PM

Great page on Costa Rica! Would love to go here some day, sounds like a wonderful place to visit. Beautiful photos and very helpful information. :o)

• tessy's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2004 at 1:42 PM

Wonderful page with great descriptions! What a luck to work at such a place!

• quime's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2004 at 11:37 AM

are you smiling under the sarong? nice costa rica pics!

• KaiM's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2004 at 11:09 AM

Nice page! Lots of great information. Must be a fascinating place to visit - even if it is for the job

RoyJava

“Travelin' is discoverin' without knowing your goal”

Badges & Stats in Costa Rica

Have you been to Costa Rica?