"M A C A U > A - M A - G A U" Concelho de Macau by RoyJava
Concelho de Macau Travel Guide: 706 reviews and 2,433 photos
How comes Macau's name is confusing people all over the world? oowkee, Macau's Casino is world-wide known! And the Goddess of A-MA kept preserved here out of ancient times ...
The Temple of the Goddess A-MA has been regarded as one of the ancient temples in Macau today. Some inscripted reports go back time to the 1300's, still kept in Chinese and Portuguese historic reports. From the temple's original name, A-Ma-Gau, meaning the Temple-bay of A-Ma, Macau derived its name. And A-MA is closely related with the Goddess Quan Yin, so I hit this place more than once!
In my case I found my own answer! I only can see with one eye, because of MA-KULA Degeneration that hit my right eye in March 2006, so I am gonna be blind in next future. That is horror for a make-up artist - art-painter! Visiting Macau I heard about the legendary Goddess with 1000 hands, and in each of her hands one eye, so 1000 eyes, too! Her name? Nobody knows if it is Avalokiteshvara, A-MA, Kum Ian, Quan Yin or Kwan Jin ... and the link with Miao-shan, the holy nun who got famous for her 1000 hands and 1000 eyes.
I found the Macau image of the blessed Lady Goddess with 1000 names ...
And we will visit Macau again in December 2007, leaving The Hague on December 14th.
H O O R A Y !!!
Macau's VT Pages already has been added with VT some while ago! Didnot know which Macau's to place and took the wrong Macau ??? And lost sight in my right eye? Nope, that is life ... c'est la vie, so I decided to replace my Macau VT Pages here ...
Macau ... the beautiful city on 3 small islands (Macau Peninsula, Taipa and Coloane) in South-east of China, and West of Hong Kong. From today Airport Macau International you can reach Macau directly by the Friendship Bridge, no needs anymore to sail the ferry ship from Hong Kong. People speak Cantonese Chinese (sometimes Mandarin)and Portuguese, sometimes it is hard to find English speaking fellows ... or in another way of saying; "English you do understand ..."
My brother houses at Macau for quite a while. Until I got there for the first time in 2000 he had never heard anything about the name of AMA-GAU and the relation with Macau. It's about the Taoistic spiritual way of view and the Portuguese way of thinking. An amazing one ...
The Tao Te Ching, written c. 4th century BC, speaks of the feminine aspect like energy of accessible spirit. It is an age-old insight of ancient primeval ages ... and Macau, Super City Casino Number One, got it in its name!
I love the Macau air, even it is polluted and humid. My love goes to my brother, and so many things in Macau,...
Thanks for visititing!
- Pros:A-MA - Casino - Colorful - Atmosphere - Legendary Past - Wonderful Food - Indonesian Similarity
- Cons:Don't argue the past - Don't seize the future - There's The Casino For Now
- In a nutshell:Going for the East - you'll find the West -> A-Ma-Gau
My mam always made me a dessert I really donot know the name of. It is a sticky rice, dressed with fruits. And the fruit... more travel advice
Not that well-known, and sorry for addition of this topic, though it is a need! On the small island of Coloana, next to... more travel advice
RoyJava's Related Pages
Concelho de Macau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "M A C A U - more than just casinos"
- "Macau Challenge"
- "M A C A U"
- "LAS VEGAS OF THE ORIENT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Concelho de Macau
- Hotels in Concelho de Macau
- Transportation in Concelho de Macau
- Nightlife in Concelho de Macau
- Restaurants in Concelho de Macau
- Shopping in Concelho de Macau
- Warnings and Dangers in Concelho de Macau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Concelho de Macau
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Concelho de Macau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Concelho de Macau
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Re: 9 nights in Bangkok"
- updated a Concelho de Macau Travel Page "M A C A U > A - M A - G A U"
- Commented on one of Avieira67's Concelho de Macau travel pages
- Wrote a Review MANGO With STICKY RICE in Concelho de Macau Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "MANGO With STICKY RICE"
Photos in Concelho de MacauSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos