"Holland's Corner" Top 5 Page for this destination Hoek van Holland by RoyJava
Hoek van Holland Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 297 photos
Looked at Hoek van Holland in a strategic way
it is literally found at the corner (=hoek) of Dutch' North Sea coast
and the Nieuwe Waterweg/New Waterway, the deepened waterway to sea.
The New Waterway is split in two,
so a narrow piece of land is in the middle
where the left-side of the Maeslant Barrier is.
Hoek van Holland is also the last inhabited Dutch place along the New Waterway and,
a really nice seaside resort.
Hoek van Holland is pronounced as Hook wan Holland.
Driving along the New Waterway you can see the ferries,
the impressive seagoing vessels and the huge industrial tank-steamers.
On the way you pass the right-side of the New Waterway Storm Surge Barrier and,
... thanks to it the water level can be controlled following Amsterdam Ordnance Datum (NAP).
Just before your walk on the Pier there is a booth for chips and drinks.
TNQ for visit
Go for a blow out along the Pier and the near beach.
As well in summer as in winter people come here to relax and enjoy watching the boats.
You can pay a visit to the Keringhuis, the visitor-center next to the huge right-side of the Maeslant Barrier for all kind of info.
And see the left-side of the New Waterway Storm Surge Barrier or, driving by car go to the end of this narrow piece of land in the middle of the New Waterway.
The view will be breathtaking, and here, too, is a nice little snackbar for your chips and drinks ...
Just enjoy a sunset in Holland, the low lands of Europe.
And find a place where the river meets the ocean ...
That is only in Hoek van Holland, at the corner of Holland.
Other river-mouths are not that thuge, and do not carry its boats, ships, vessels on the waves ...
To an ocean of magical soberness named the North Sea.
Just enjoy the sunset in Holland, the low lands of Europe.
By train : only in summer to Holland Strand
By car : direction Hoek van Holland - Holland Strand/Pier
By bus : bus-line 128 & 135 from The Hague
- Pros:Beach resort - Blow out - Blazing entrance - Boat views
- Cons:Back-blocks - Corner-stone
- In a nutshell:Walk Out Of Holland Just Around The Corner
If you really want to explore the Hoek van Holland most beautiful view (see link) you better find your way to this super... more travel advice
It is possible to have a view at Hoek van Holland in a very surprising way ... When by car drive to Maassluis and take... more travel advice
RoyJava's Related Pages
Hoek van Holland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Holland's Corner"
- "Hoek van Holland in 1995"
- "Hoek van Holland"
- "Where Holland ends ...."
- "Finally Escaped The Ferry Port!"
- "Tijger's new Hoek van Holland Page"
- "Hoek van Holland - Rotterdam aan Zee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hoek van Holland
- Transportation in Hoek van Holland
- Nightlife in Hoek van Holland
- Restaurants in Hoek van Holland
- Shopping in Hoek van Holland
- Warnings and Dangers in Hoek van Holland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hoek van Holland
- 21 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Hoek van Holland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoek van Holland
- updated a Hoek van Holland Travel Page "Holland's Corner"
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Re: 9 nights in Bangkok"
- Wrote a Review Enjoy The Hoek van Holland View in Hoek van Holland Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Enjoy The Hoek van Holland View"
- Commented on one of mafootje's Hoek van Holland travel pages
Photos in Hoek van HollandSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos