Scheveningen Sports & Outdoors Tips by RoyJava Top 5 Page for this destination
Scheveningen Sports & Outdoors: 13 reviews and 15 photos
Scheveningen seen from Southern way. Or in other words; looking from a natural place at Scheveningen (the pier along the harbour) onto the cultural place, where all tourists enjoy the beauty of Scheveningen Pier, and support the around 16.000 participants of the City-Pier-City Loop/Run; an international half-marathon (10 kilometers) that takes place annually in Scheveningen.
This year: March 15, 2008
No, I never participate,... just got the items collector great City-Pier-City Run T-shirt ;o)))
Equipment: Don't think too easy about this marathon and, a good warming-up is needed, watch your food, clothes and running-shoes.
For more information: >>>
Fortis City-Pier-City Run
P.O. Box 7071
2701 AB ZOETERMEER - The Netherlands
Address: Scheveningen beach resort, De Pier
Directions: Beach Scheveningen
Theme: Beach Activities
When looking for speed, excitement and want to feel your adrenalin raging in your blood come to the De Pier in Scheveningen. Make yourself a dare-devil for one bungy jump for 55 Euro and throw yourself down into the North Sea from 60 metres high.
No, not actually a North Sea-dive because of some safety reasons and measures. It is worth it, and the Bungy Jump Center Scheveningen has some benefits like a twin-jump with two of you, pictures, t-shirt with your print etc.
no guts ... no glory !
Equipment: Better take your passport because under 18 it is not allowed to jump.
April/May: Saterday - Sunday 12.00 - 20.00 hrs
June: Saterday - Sunday 12.00 - 23.00 hrs
July/August: Wednesday until Sunday 12.00 - 23.00 hrs
September/Oktober: Saterday - Sunday 12.00 - 20.00 hrs
Address: Scheveningen Badhuis, The Hague
Directions: Beach Scheveningen Area, The Hague
Phone: +31 (0)70 - 345 36 62
Theme: Extreme Sports
For about 9 years I practise Satria Nusantara, the Javanese health-sport by exercises, breath-lessons and intense concentration. It is because of my back does not function anymore as wished (my job as make-up artist longed for always same postions). The Satria Nusantara sport made me calm-down, down-to-earth and balanced the breathing.
Whenever in The Hague you could watch Satria Nusantara and, when summer at the Southerly beach of Scheveningen, ZUIDERSTRAND ... see info Website. Great experience!!!
Equipment: Special sport clothes for Satria Nusantara
Address: Southern Beach, Scheveningen
Directions: Scheveningen Beach
At the beach of The Hague, Scheveningen, you'll find the dangerous tides. That does not mean people stay away, for that very reason The Hagues love Scheveningen. Where all kind of sports will be practiced. As with low tides as high tides ...
Because of the strongly well set-up sand with low tides it's possible to go for a spin. Bike the beach ! No need to avoid quick-sand ... The Hagues guys and dolls love it ! It is really good time to exercise on bike!
Equipment: Beach cruisers, mountain bikes and the accessories you like
Address: Beach Boulevard Scheveningen
The Dutch coastline is well-known for stretching out from South-west to the North-east. Windy weather is essential and get the offshore winds for surf, they are the best ...
When onshore combined with offshore it is rare and will not last for a long time, take a break that day at Scheveningen, the harbour and beach resort of Den Haag/The Hague.
Equipment: Kite boarding Equipment, and take care for the half-hidden artifcial piers (breakwaters), currents & rocks.
At Den Haag just follow directions Scheveningen harbour and boulevard or take the tram. Spot is close to the Northern harbour pier at the boulevard. This part of the beach is dedicated as "sports-beach". Look for De Waterreus Beach-spot where you can have a nice drink and food. Check the tide!
Weather-ceck: Web-Cam >>> -> Weather
Extra: in summer: pay parking at the boulevard, watch it!!!
Scheveningen North: >>>
Scheveningen (car or tram), left side of the harbour entrance.
Address: Scheveningen - Strandweg
Directions: Several places to surf here in Scheveningen:
* Noord/North: next to the harbour wall; most of the locals surf here.
* Pier: can have nice waves; strong current!
* South/Zuid: go around the harbour if you're up Noord.
More Reviews (42)
- See All Lighthouse Scheveningen
- Day & Night
- Parking "Scheveningen" ???
- See All Lets go Crazy
- See All New Year's Fire
- See All PROMENADE
RoyJava's Related Pages
Scheveningen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SCHEVENINGEN - The Hague's Crown"
- "Scheveningen, The Netherlands"
- "Welcome to Scheveningen"
- "Scheveningen: the beach resort of The Hague"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scheveningen
- Hotels in Scheveningen
- Transportation in Scheveningen
- Nightlife in Scheveningen
- Restaurants in Scheveningen
- Shopping in Scheveningen
- Warnings and Dangers in Scheveningen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scheveningen
- 47 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Scheveningen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scheveningen
Photos in ScheveningenSee All Photos (67)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos