"SCHEVENINGEN - The Hague's Crown" Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen by RoyJava
Scheveningen Travel Guide: 250 reviews and 795 photos
To me Scheveningen cannot be seperated from The Hague. Scheveningen just is the Crown Of The Hague. There is no other Dutch city like The Hague - Scheveningen, where real city fun and true beach pleasure go together for all year long.
That is why I already have selected my Scheveningen VT pages within my The Hague pages, though decided to create an extra and special Scheveningen VT pages item; Scheveningen as the Crown Of The Hague!
For the most tourists Scheveningen is The Netherlands biggest and most well-known seaside resort on the North Sea. And famous and popular because of its many unique beach events and clean ocean-water.
When thinking of Scheveningen my experiences directly go to Scheveningen's harbour and its famous lighthouse ...
Leftwards of the lighthouse is the magnificent beach of the Southern Shores, or Zuiderstrand, what makes Scheveningen so special to me!
Thanks for visiting.
There she is ... isn't she gorgeous?
Her name is Steinberger Kurhaus Hotel, known by the elder as Huis-Ter-Geul (Home-At-Geul). She opened its doors some while ago; in June 1892. If you find your way to this beautiful building, in limestone fabricated, then feel the distinguished romance that the fashionable Grand Old Lady (her not formal name to all of us) granted its festive grace and grandeur. Royal personalities, moviestars, and artists yielded the past to dancers, fashion models and, the international public. Kurhaus, always a famous, and beloved ***** Hotel !!!
This is an original Scheveningen ritual, that became a national tourist event; Scheveningen Newyears Dive.
And can you imagine the one of 2007 had been canceled!!!
Because of the too dangerous tide of the ocean, included the bad weather.
Finally I could witness this famous Scheveningen event and the night before the TV-news showed the message that the Newyears Dive had been canceled.
Well, as I told it is a ritual, so I knew there would be some truely Newyears Dive fans to take a dive in the dangerous ice-cold waves.
And yes, along the Scheveningen coast there were some truely North-sea lovers who all took a dive into the waves, and no police could stop them !!!
- Pros:beach - seaside resort - sunset - trendy - classy - international - history
- Cons:all crowded - parking problems - dangerous ebb-tides
- In a nutshell:First Lady Next To Count Of The Hague
Scheveningen already had a lighthouse in 16th century and in 1875 the new twelvefold designed lighthouse (by Q. Harder)... more travel advice
Yep,... parking your car in Scheveningen is like HORROR! To park freely your car, that is totally impossible. You have... more travel advice
- See All New Year's Fire
- See All PROMENADE
- See All Special Sign Board
- See All BUNGY JUMPING
- See All SUNSET
RoyJava's Related Pages
Scheveningen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SCHEVENINGEN - The Hague's Crown"
- "Scheveningen, The Netherlands"
- "Welcome to Scheveningen"
- "Scheveningen: the beach resort of The Hague"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scheveningen
- Hotels in Scheveningen
- Transportation in Scheveningen
- Nightlife in Scheveningen
- Restaurants in Scheveningen
- Shopping in Scheveningen
- Warnings and Dangers in Scheveningen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scheveningen
- 47 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Scheveningen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scheveningen
Photos in ScheveningenSee All Photos (67)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos