"SCHIPHOL - MY SPOTTERSPLAATS" Schiphol by RoyJava
Schiphol Travel Guide: 186 reviews and 502 photos
Officialy it is Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
Somewhere in the beginning of 1900
the area already got used to fly away, mostly for military men.
Nice to know that the Schiphol area is below sea level ... ;o)
About 10 years ago the airport already had grown into a huge airport
still was not yet that large.
I, then, happened to work at the old place of Schiphol
which was the original airport area.
Well, I worked in a fashion team,
not as a pilot even I would love to fly a plane!
Did you know Airport Schiphol won about 120 prizes
and got voted as the best in the world?
And I discovered not that long ago these particular, remarkable spots ...
where people can watch planes
flying away, taking off Schiphol ... and land in a slow motioned way.
Called the spotters-places.
So I love to visit Schiphol, as well entering the airport to fly away ...
as entering the spotters-places outside Schiphol !
It is west-wards and, during sunset ...
That is why a lot of plane-spotters come to this place to take the most beautiful pictures.
flying to your destination
you can see the Schiphol area beautifully.
When the weather is good the view is spectacular ...
Close to Amsterdam Holland indeed looks flat, a country below sea level.
At the pic you see the old place of Schiphol.
TNQ for visit
- Pros:social gathering - great views - professional photographers
- Cons:depending on weather
- In a nutshell:if you like it ... you will love it !!!
When driving to the Polderbaan and you just found your way to the square where most cars have parked, it is exciting... more travel advice
The entire area of Schiphol Airport, inside, is S M O K E - F R E E. There were some smoking-area's inside, although... more travel advice
RoyJava's Related Pages
Schiphol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Schiphol Amsterdam Airport - AMS"
- "Mainport NL, flying in (and out) at Schiphol"
- "Planes and Trains"
- "Schiphol in 1995 and 2011..."
- "An airport with green pretentions"
- "Either for hours or days..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schiphol
- Hotels in Schiphol
- Transportation in Schiphol
- Nightlife in Schiphol
- Restaurants in Schiphol
- Shopping in Schiphol
- Warnings and Dangers in Schiphol
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schiphol
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Schiphol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schiphol
Photos in SchipholSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (83)
Latest Schiphol hotel reviews
- Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- 577 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center
- 532 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport
- 265 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Mercure Schiphol Terminal
- 2 Reviews & Opinions