"The Hague, where the Queen resides" Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague by RoyJava
The Hague Travel Guide: 1,280 reviews and 3,017 photos
The Hague, my home-town, once was considered Dutch town number one of danger! Because of the criminality, well, that is true! For now it is Rotterdam. The Hague became a wonderful dynamic, modern All-In-One city, the royal Governmental City with the Inner Court Yard and the Peace Palace.
Take into consideration The Hague town has grown to a modern and sky-line city and, to get into the center of The Hague will be a kind of horror for the moment! The center has been closed completely for cars (starting at 21 November 2009), so people can walk around without any problem to get hid by a mobile ... ofcourse this will have a lot of other problems for the center of The Hague, as well for the locals as for tourists who want to get to the center by car ... I'll try to keep up some updates here!
Try to visit and explore to the wonderful beach of Scheveningen and its Pier, its promenade to walk about for the famous beach-resort view with all of its colourful, beautiful people, hike for the South and its Zuiderstrand/Southern Beach. Better explore >>>
my VT Scheveningen Sea Resort pages ...
Although not a "royalist" (roy=roi=king) I'm very aware of its name,... and of the royal events, included Queen's Night & Queen's Day ... ;-)
The Hague accommodates its inhabitants, both the high-educated upper tens and the low-social classes; right in its centre Romeo & Julia fell in love. Romantic? Maybe, just experience The Hague as the city where the queen resides, and the best beach-resort to reach all kind of interesting spots of the coast of the Netherlands, included The Hague's Mill, Holland in miniature Madurodam, Japanese Garden, Clingendael, and ofcourse its The Hagues Shoppings Centre, The Hagues Nightlife and The Hagues Almshouses - Hofjes.
Also donot forget to take a look at something very The Hague >>>
PUBLIC WOMEN - THE HAGUE - PUBLIC WOMEN 1,
some real beauties of female, visual fame ... you'll be stunned, amazed!
Extra note: ... my first VT meeting PASAR MALAM BESAR Juin 2005
& second VT meeting PASAR MALAM BESAR May 2006
& third VT meeting Towerpower At Zwarte Ruiter Juin 2006
And also very The Hagues (every year exposed with different subjects) are the Sand-sculptures at Scheveningen which theme in 2005 was: Q U E E N!!!
by Frans Erkelens, my master painting-teacher
thanks for visiting
and may you find some usual tips
Some about the name: "The Hague" is in Dutch "Den Haag" with the English translation of "The Hedge". The original name of The Hague is " ''s- Gravenhage". Actually "des Graven Hage" ("Hedge from the Count").
So 's-Gravenhage is The Hague's ancient name, though for now Dutch modern governmental city. When it comes to royalty, you can say The Hague has a very rich tradition, going back in history since 1559. The same time the Haagsche Hofjes became well-known as the Almshouses for poor people.
I have lived here for about 30 years and had to struck root here for about 6 years after moving out of Lucerne, Swiss. Because of the wonderful beach, the phantastic ocean of the North Sea and its marvelous multi-cultural inhabitants I managed to embrace The Hague ...
BTW -> for the beautiful graffiti art find the 1e Haagpoort right in the center of The Hague ...
THE HAGUE GRAFFITI
See my last painting, an oil-on-linen, with Quan Yin/Kum Ian, the Chinese Goddess of Compassion. I got the inspiration in Macau - China where people honour the myth of Quan Yin/Kum Ian.
This Event in The Hague was during an exhibition on the Pasar Malam Besar in May - Juin 08 ...
Photograph by VT friend VincentJJ
Please Enter My VT The Hague Pages &
My Wicked Waves on World Wide Wonder Web !
- Pros:Scheveningen-beach, Park-Pop Festival, Madurodam, Vredes Paleis, Pasar Malam Besar, Prinsjesdag, Koninginnenach
- Cons:Parking problems, concentrated underworld nightlife, hot air and crap
- In a nutshell:Queens-Town Along The Shore Of South-Holland
Right in the center of The Hague and next to the Royal Garden you can go for a walk along the canal of the... more travel advice
See this sitting lady named Lammetje Groen or Green Little Lamb. She has been designed by sculptor Teun van Beijnum and... more travel advice
- See All CLINGENDAEL's MANOR
- See All Honey Bees
- See All Jazzy Fun in Regenten-kamer
- See All TOILETS
- See All Best Fast Food Place
- See All Meeting At De Zwarte Ruiter
RoyJava's Related Pages
The Hague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Hague, where the Queen resides"
- "Den Haag"
- "Den Haag"
- "Den Haag"
- "The Hague - The Political Center"
- "My vision on Den Haag"
- "Stork City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in The Hague
- Hotels in The Hague
- Transportation in The Hague
- Nightlife in The Hague
- Restaurants in The Hague
- Shopping in The Hague
- Warnings and Dangers in The Hague
- See All...
Badges & Stats in The Hague
- 263 Reviews
- 335 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 48 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to The Hague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in The Hague
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos