"The Hague, where the Queen resides" Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague by RoyJava

The Hague Travel Guide: 1,253 reviews and 2,885 photos

CITY ALL IN ONE

The Hague, my home-town, once was considered Dutch town number one of danger! Because of the criminality, well, that is true! For now it is Rotterdam. The Hague became a wonderful dynamic, modern All-In-One city, the royal Governmental City with the Inner Court Yard and the Peace Palace.

Take into consideration The Hague town has grown to a modern and sky-line city and, to get into the center of The Hague will be a kind of horror for the moment! The center has been closed completely for cars (starting at 21 November 2009), so people can walk around without any problem to get hid by a mobile ... ofcourse this will have a lot of other problems for the center of The Hague, as well for the locals as for tourists who want to get to the center by car ... I'll try to keep up some updates here!

Try to visit and explore to the wonderful beach of Scheveningen and its Pier, its promenade to walk about for the famous beach-resort view with all of its colourful, beautiful people, hike for the South and its Zuiderstrand/Southern Beach. Better explore >>>

my VT Scheveningen Sea Resort pages ...

Although not a "royalist" (roy=roi=king) I'm very aware of its name,... and of the royal events, included Queen's Night & Queen's Day ... ;-)

The Hague accommodates its inhabitants, both the high-educated upper tens and the low-social classes; right in its centre Romeo & Julia fell in love. Romantic? Maybe, just experience The Hague as the city where the queen resides, and the best beach-resort to reach all kind of interesting spots of the coast of the Netherlands, included The Hague's Mill, Holland in miniature Madurodam, Japanese Garden, Clingendael, and ofcourse its The Hagues Shoppings Centre, The Hagues Nightlife and The Hagues Almshouses - Hofjes.

Also donot forget to take a look at something very The Hague >>>
PUBLIC WOMEN - THE HAGUE - PUBLIC WOMEN 1,
some real beauties of female, visual fame ... you'll be stunned, amazed!

Extra note: ... my first VT meeting PASAR MALAM BESAR Juin 2005
& second VT meeting PASAR MALAM BESAR May 2006
& third VT meeting Towerpower At Zwarte Ruiter Juin 2006

And also very The Hagues (every year exposed with different subjects) are the Sand-sculptures at Scheveningen which theme in 2005 was: Q U E E N!!!

painting "Queen Beatrix" with permission
by Frans Erkelens, my master painting-teacher
thanks for visiting
and may you find some usual tips

The Hague-Den Haag

My Last Exhibition At Pasar Malam Besar, The Hague May 25th. 2006

Some about the name: "The Hague" is in Dutch "Den Haag" with the English translation of "The Hedge". The original name of The Hague is " ''s- Gravenhage". Actually "des Graven Hage" ("Hedge from the Count").

So 's-Gravenhage is The Hague's ancient name, though for now Dutch modern governmental city. When it comes to royalty, you can say The Hague has a very rich tradition, going back in history since 1559. The same time the Haagsche Hofjes became well-known as the Almshouses for poor people.

I have lived here for about 30 years and had to struck root here for about 6 years after moving out of Lucerne, Swiss. Because of the wonderful beach, the phantastic ocean of the North Sea and its marvelous multi-cultural inhabitants I managed to embrace The Hague ...

BTW -> for the beautiful graffiti art find the 1e Haagpoort right in the center of The Hague ...
greetzzz from RoyJava
THE HAGUE GRAFFITI

EVENT OF THE HAGUE Juin 08

See my last painting, an oil-on-linen, with Quan Yin/Kum Ian, the Chinese Goddess of Compassion. I got the inspiration in Macau - China where people honour the myth of Quan Yin/Kum Ian.

This Event in The Hague was during an exhibition on the Pasar Malam Besar in May - Juin 08 ...

Photograph by VT friend VincentJJ

Please Enter My VT The Hague Pages &
My Wicked Waves on World Wide Wonder Web !

• Pros:Scheveningen-beach, Park-Pop Festival, Madurodam, Vredes Paleis, Pasar Malam Besar, Prinsjesdag, Koninginnenach
  • Cons:Parking problems, concentrated underworld nightlife, hot air and crap
  • In a nutshell:Queens-Town Along The Shore Of South-Holland
  • Intro Updated Jul 11, 2013

• tualborn's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Roy..je hondtje...is it a Maltese? We have two...so cute.....

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Roy, hope you have a wonderful birthday and do something memorable to celebrate! Greetings from Boston!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2009 at 1:20 AM

fantastic page Roy, enjoyed reading your tips

• JuraidahJ's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2008 at 1:00 AM

I miss Hague.. maybe I should come and visit again. Then I can visit you and Roza as well.

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2008 at 2:11 AM

great page, good tips and photos. Will have to come back again and read more. hugs margaret

• asianbelle's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Hi Roy... thanks for dropping by my AMS page... I really hope to visit NL again, I seem to have missed out a lot in my previous visits.

• nusabali's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Aduh Roy....Looking at your wonderful pixs make me miss Amsterdam and my Dutch friends. I love the place , sights and the people. Hope to meet up when I next visit Amsterdam.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2008 at 5:24 AM

Such a great and vast page! I will take a week to visit all the tips. Lets' see during weekend if possible.

• ledico's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2007 at 7:40 AM

If you are a woman you may ask in any cafe, restaurant or hotel to go the ladies toilet, without having to order a consumption.

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Ah YES! You can't beat the Hareng Broodje for brain food on the hoof! Great restaurant tips Roy, Cheers, John.

RoyJava Lives Here!

RoyJava

“Travelin' is discoverin' without knowing your goal”

Badges & Stats in The Hague

Have you been to The Hague?

Latest Activity in The Hague