"RODOS - Island Of Aphrodite & Helios" Rodos (City) by RoyJava
Rodos (City) Travel Guide: 464 reviews and 1,235 photos
The island of Rhodes (Rodes in Greek, the Dutch Rhodos) is excellently situated, so ships crossing the Aegean Sea went ashore at this meeting point of 3 continents. Crete became famous for its cosmopolitan character ...
Doing a job at an island of a cosmopolitan character sounds great. Working with just 2 models for a fashion catalogue, swimming-suits, and staying in a wonderful hotel sounds even greater. At the Greek island of Rodos it became reality ... so we didn't complain at all.
Rhodos or Rodes, as it is called locally, is one of the Dodecanese Islands. That is only a short distance from the South-westerly Asia Minor coast.
We made a wonderful catalogue on Rhodos, with great backgrounds and beautiful colours, includes Rhodos mountain Atavyros which is running all over the island (about 542 sq. miles), with valleys full of orchards, vineyards and farms. We travelled all around and, it is a shame we did not had the time to see things around. Definetedly I want to go back for enjoying the fine arts and archaic relics ...
We know Rhodos by its one of the & World Wonders, the famous Colossus of Rhodos. The Colossus of Rhodes used to be an enormously large statue of superhunk Apollo/Helios and it is said ships could enter Rhodes harbour by sailing between its legs. Unfortunately nothing remains of it today.
The Colossus must have attracted a lot of beautiful women. I kept that in mind ... and started my job. The world-famous beauty of Aphrodite and the nature of Venus showed me what is >>>
- Pros:Unique variety of landscapes and colours, harmonious blend of Greek culture and hospitality
- Cons:If you don't mind tourists and cats, can't think of one
- In a nutshell:Enjoying Rhodos, Even While Working ...
Rhodos is known for the Love-goddess Aphrodite, though did you know the Holy Virgin Mary is honoured all over the... more travel advice
You can find myth, folklore and religion all over the island of Rhodos, just like on Crete. Only on Rhodos many saints... more travel advice
RoyJava's Related Pages
Rodos (City) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our steps follow the Colossus's giant footprints"
- "Rhodes Town"
- "Rhodes Town"
- "Rodos Island"
- "MEDIEVAL RODOS (RHODES)"
- "Rhodes Town - Historic Heaven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rodos (City)
- Hotels in Rodos (City)
- Transportation in Rodos (City)
- Nightlife in Rodos (City)
- Restaurants in Rodos (City)
- Shopping in Rodos (City)
- Warnings and Dangers in Rodos (City)
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rodos (City)
- 17 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Rodos (City)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rodos (City)
Photos in Rodos (City)See All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos