"BALI Of Gods, Goddesses & Demons" Bali by RoyJava
Bali Travel Guide: 6,288 reviews and 15,149 photos
Travelling to the South at Bali, the Bukit peninsula is located on the Southern part of Bali, island of Gods. Hike for the utmost Southern point of the Bukit peninsula where you'll find the Pura Luhur Uluwatu (or Ulu Watu); a remarkable, small temple, very important to the Sea-spirits, on top of a 90 m high cliff with a fabulous high-view over the Indian Ocean .
So Ulu Watu is about a Sea Temple once not that touristy. See other temples in the long chain of sea - water temples; Pura Tanam Alit, Pura Sekenan, Pura Rambut Siwi, Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, and Pura Petitenget...
Well, now you've entered VT Bali, enjoy its spectacular beauty, and see the result of my idea to create a portrayal of "Dewi Uluwatu", Uluwatu Goddess. Where Gods are,... are the Goddesses, too. My inspiration were drew from the myths, legends and sagas living within my head. A friend stimulated these phantasies and slowly the painting came to live. The ocean- and land-differences got their visuals and I am proud to have been part of the Ulu Watu spot. Thanks for visiting.
Pratandhaning Ngurmati Dewi ULUWATU
Homage To Dewi ULUWATU
oil-on-linen 1.20 - 80 cm 2003
Homage To Dewi ULUWATU
For studies & research about the Goddess a stay along the Southern shores of Java can be very inspiring. For fun and beauty there is BALI, the Island Of Gods, Goddesses & Demons. Watch them in breathtaking sunsets ...
Wanna hear more about the Goddess-mystery? Well, visit the Inna Grand Bali Beach Hotel and, take a walk in the beautiful garden where you'll see a bungalow decorated with the painting of the Javanese Spirit-queen. It's said the path along the bungalow is a "patilasan", the way where spirits dwell ... a sacred spot for sure !
BTW ... see my little painting hanging in the Wing tower of the hotel of the
Grand Bali Beach Legend
For now we will visit Bali again after a too long time in January 2011!!! Just the idea makes me very happy and I'm looking forward to my visit ...
Grand Bali Beach
- Pros:beautiful view-sunset-people, great food-buys-temples
- Cons:impact by politics, long flight, crowdy forced sellers
- In a nutshell:Bali - Holiday Resort With Gods Goddesses & Demons
We do know the v e n d o r s of the beaches area all over the world. Mostly poor locals who try to sell their belts,... more travel advice
Garuda is an originally, mythological bird. In the Indian myth RigVeda he is the nobly-winged Garutman who is able to... more travel advice
- See All TANAH LOT
- See All On The Way To Lombok
- See All Thai Restaurant on Bali
RoyJava's Related Pages
Bali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharing my experiences Under the Bali Sunshine"
- "Bali, A Travel to Island Of Paradise :"
- "Bali, Indonesia..."
- "Bali - Island Beauty"
- "...stranded between heaven and earth"
- "BALI Of Gods, Goddesses & Demons"
- "Bali - Home of the Gods (& mischievious monkeys)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bali
- Hotels in Bali
- Transportation in Bali
- Nightlife in Bali
- Restaurants in Bali
- Shopping in Bali
- Warnings and Dangers in Bali
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bali
- 88 Reviews
- 104 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Bali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bali
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (82)
Top Bali hotels
- Jimbaran Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 96 Photos
- Kuta Hotels
- 333 Reviews - 721 Photos
- Ubud Hotels
- 505 Reviews - 1239 Photos
- Sanur Hotels
- 105 Reviews - 228 Photos
- Denpasar Hotels
- 42 Reviews - 137 Photos
- Uluwatu Hotels
- 236 Reviews - 641 Photos
- Bali Hotels
- 666 Reviews - 1602 Photos
- Tabanan Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 89 Photos
- Karangasem Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 125 Photos
- Gianyar Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 26 Photos
- Singaraja Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Bedugul Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 91 Photos
- Danau Tamblingan Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Klungkung Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 33 Photos
- Pulau Nusadua Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 96 Photos