"ANTIGUA - West Indies" Antigua Island by RoyJava
Antigua Island Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 22 photos
When visiting Antigua (pronounced An-tee-goewa) you'll be amazed of the beauty of this exotic island of 108 square miles, set in the really cobalt-blue Caribbean Sea. Its history started so romantic for its discovery was by famy Christopher Columbus, historically set in 1493 AD. Funny, he named the island for the Santa Maria La Antigua Church in Seville Spain while Antigua must had an older origine ...
Antigua, partly volcanic and partly coral, is surrounded by superb white sandy beaches with almost entirely reef-protection. Excellent for swimming, snorkeling and all forms of watersports - all year around. That is the exotic beauty of Antigua, West Indies, thanks for visiting.
How did you get on Antigua Island, friends kept asking. Simple answer : "Because of my job as make-up artist and hair-stylist". For the English catalogue of C & A (see photo) the fashion crew, included me, went for this divine island. We helt a special meeting. Doing the fashion pictures as possible as can, and enjoy some days to spend. Or make beautiful pictures in a slow way with Antigua background, tropical flowers, delicious food etc. Although all of these tropical splendours probably would cut-off, like C& A always did ...
You can imagine we all voted for the first! Yet the photographer did the beautiful locations, as we spent hours and hours, day after day, to beautify the models and made some great pics. And everywhere we got the first class treatment as promised in the announcements. All free... It was fabulous. Thanks Antigua with your 365 beaches, for every day one beach to enjoy ...
- Pros:Super planinum sand beaches, turqouise water, tropical paradise, beautiful coloured people, historical & ancient sights
- Cons:Isolated, expensive habitats, mosquitos
- In a nutshell:Unspoiled Nature And Unaffected Culture On Paradisiac Island
Antigua is mostly inhabited by African people who are descendants of slaves. They met the Antiguan Siboney Indians... more travel advice
Donot ask on Antigua about sports, because there is a huge selection of a wide variety of water sports. On an island of... more travel advice
RoyJava's Related Pages
Antigua Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ANTIGUA - West Indies"
- "Shirley Heights"
- "DRIVING AROUND ANTIGUA"
- "Seared in St John's"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antigua Island
- Hotels in Antigua Island
- Restaurants in Antigua Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antigua Island
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Antigua Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antigua Island
Photos in Antigua IslandSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos