Ilha de Macau Favorite Tips by RoyJava Top 5 Page for this destination
Ilha de Macau Favorites: 4 reviews and 4 photos
Favorite thing: This is the best that can happen to me! Smelling the odeur of *D*U*R*I*A*N* ...
"Smells like hell, ..." oowkee, most of the people hate its odeur, but ... "taste like heaven!" and that is the truth!
Kidding, my mam had a lot of *D*U*R*I*A*N*'s when pregnant of me, so this fruit became my very favourite. Yesh, that is that bizar large fruit shaped like a rugby ball and covered up with tough spikes, looking inpenetrable ...
Where to buy? Ehm,... where the smell is the strongest... mostly on the market!
Fondest memory: And ... when broken open and peeling off the green skin, watch the powerful odeur that most people can't abide. Mwoah, I love it! The creamy snow-white fruit is d e l i c i o u s!!! It's like the taste of "garlic custard with alcohol mixed in" and "Danish Blue cheese with a touch of spun sugar" added. Just heavenly, whatever examples has been desribed to it! And it is even used to make *D*U*R*I*A*N* ice cream! You can order it in Holland, too ...
Favorite thing: My brother is treated like one of the family in Macau, knows his way like his pocket and loves to show special and hot items in Macau. Always on the way he became an expert for visitors to show Macau, even he doesnot like it at all. Though when once on his way showing the best part of Macau ... just follow him!
Fondest memory: Working in the nigth-cabaret of the Lisboa Casino as choreographer he does know the best spots, where is the finest food and what are the greatest trends ... and always surrounded by beautiful ladies (the Lisboa Dancing Girls) he makes you following, it is! Well, what guide can be more desirable ???
Favorite thing: Studying about the Javanese legendary Goddess Of The Southern Ocean I just was happily surprised to explore the Chinese "Goddess Of The Southern Ocean" who has been named A-MA which evolved into the Kun Iam-Goddess. An utmost complicated process that even the Chinese people donot know anymore who is who ...
Fondest memory: Some study & research do learn about this complicated process and, at the same time my relation with my brother who lives at Ilha de Macau improved in a very pleasant way. The Kun Iam-statue is just around the corner of his living place. Every time I get there and, leaving Macau, Kun Iam and A-MA remind me off my dearest brother ...
More Reviews (30)
- See All Movies In English!
- See All Friendship Bridge
- See All Worst Pollution
- See All COLOANE Island
RoyJava's Related Pages
Ilha de Macau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MACAU > A-MA-GAU"
- "Wow Macau!"
- "Enjoy Macau!"
- "A world of its own"
- "Gangs, gambling and mafia??"
- "Macau - The island of Beauty"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ilha de Macau
- Hotels in Ilha de Macau
- Transportation in Ilha de Macau
- Nightlife in Ilha de Macau
- Restaurants in Ilha de Macau
- Shopping in Ilha de Macau
- Warnings and Dangers in Ilha de Macau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ilha de Macau
- 33 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Ilha de Macau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ilha de Macau
Photos in Ilha de MacauSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos