"BLITAR Nurses-home Of Kediri & Malang" Blitar by RoyJava
Blitar Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 184 photos
about 80 km East from Malang,
surrounded by lots of padi fields and,
most well-known as the Sukarno-Blitar city (passed away at June 21, 1970).
Blitar is the place where the first president of Indonesia, named Sukarno (Bung Karno), is buried. Just outside the Makam Bung Karno (name of Sukarno's grave) it can be very crowded with many visitors, becaks, buses, souvenir shops, and people who try to sell Sukarno memorabilia.
Inside the Makam Bung Karno there is always a serene sphere, quiet, subdued, and peaceful. People pray, chant, meditate, and sit together ...
The kind of respect and kind thoughtfulness got as legendary as the President himself and the mausoleum clearly is a place of pilgrimage for many worshippers ... It is surrounded by many myths and legends (which I love!)
thanks for visiting
- Pros:nice small-town, great legendary area, first indonesia-president rest-place
- Cons:could be misunderstanding - better myths-understanding
- In a nutshell:East-Java Pilgrimage - Worth A While
Muslims are not cremated and usually buried lying on the right side, with the face toward Mecca. Mecca is the capital of... more travel advice
See me here at the Makam Bung Karno Mausoleum. As always interested in the way how people got rich and famous, beloved... more travel advice
RoyJava's Related Pages
Blitar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a lovely historical town"
- "Blitar, city and regency"
- "BLITAR Nurses-home Of Kediri & Malang"
- "Places to See in Blitar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blitar
- Hotels in Blitar
- Transportation in Blitar
- Nightlife in Blitar
- Restaurants in Blitar
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Blitar
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Blitar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blitar
Photos in BlitarSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (83)
Latest Blitar hotel reviews
- Tugu Hotel Blitar
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013