"Ende, Flores" Ende by RoyJava
Ende Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 130 photos
Flores is on the map just a long, thin strip of an island lying in the far Eastern province of East Nusa Tenggara.
When the Portuguese first got to the Eastern cap of this long island,
they were so overwhelmed by the beauty of the flourishing coral gardens,
that they named the area Cabo Sas Flores, or Cape Of Flowers.
The name of Flores has remained to this very day ...
Once an important port at the South-coast of Flores,
and the domain of the Raja/King, Ende is now the capital of Flores,
for tourists like "the End of Flores".
The aristocratic families here trace their ancestry back to the famous Javanese Majapahit Empire
through mythical exploits and magic events.
Ende is mainly a stopover on the way to or from the attractions of Eastern Flores.
I loved Ende, wandering around and driving to the Wolotopo Village,
famous for its traditional weaving (ikat) and megalithic.
And the black beaches were stunning, dangerous and fabulous.
I've never seen black sand like here and this was my very first time I got involved with the Indian Ocean ...
thanks for visiting.
The blooming flowers of Flores maybe you cannot find, just because Flores does show up its flowers, unless you reach the height of 500-700 m.
There you can find rotan, bamboo, groves, mosses and many species of high-elavation trees. Flores is well-known for its large numbers of domestic horses, small but sturdy ... that doesn't alter the fact the Indonesians put the flower on the Rupiah, Indonesian money ... it could be the Flores-boy Ladomanu got involved, seeking for the Princess Wongarunu... tells the myth.
The "black lake" of the Gunung Kelimutu is called "Tiwu Ata Mbupu". It turned from blue into black, and I promised myself to turn back whe the lake changes her colour from black to gold... you can see the yellow spots already ...
- Pros:Ocean-life, mountains, beaches, lakes, forests, nice people
- Cons:Malaria, difficult for traveling around
- In a nutshell:Maybe a flower, always worth to look for her.
Tourist from the Rich West love the beach, wherever on the world that may be. You should know local people in these... more travel advice
The Endenese are the people gathered in South central Flores in and around the port town of Ende. You'll notice the mix... more travel advice
RoyJava's Related Pages
Ende Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ende revisited"
- "d'capital city of flores"
- "Ende, Flores"
- "ENDE-FLORES...NiCE and BEauTy"
- "Ende, Flores, Indonesia"
- "Ende, flores, NTT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ende
- Hotels in Ende
- Transportation in Ende
- Restaurants in Ende
- Shopping in Ende
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ende
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Ende?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ende
Photos in EndeSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos