Pulau Komodo Favorite Tips by RoyJava Top 5 Page for this destination
Pulau Komodo Favorites: 3 reviews and 7 photos
Favorite thing: Watching a Komodo walking, moving and running around is an upmost experience. This is something different from Zoo and, reading some about this animal grants amazing insight into its life. I heard about the "forked tongue" and its extraordinary ability to smell.
Fondest memory: So I concentrated my eyes as well the camera-lens on its tongue. Like snakes the Komodo constantly flicker its tongue to smell anything around and, especially a prey. So meeting a Komodo you'll see its famous forked tongue for sure! It really is forked, long and gold-yellow orange! Striking moment is to catch the Komodo eye ... a golden-yellow staring dragon-eye! I love these creatures ... see >>>
Favorite thing: With supervisor of Pak Jozef (from the PHKA) we sailed for the Pulau Kalung. Just a small island covered with trees, and surrounded by dangerous coral-rifs, the boat got quite close to Pulau Kalung. The name derived of the bat (actually "flying dog") living up in the trees. With sunset these kalungs fly away to get food (fruits) on land. While goats swimm from neighbouring islands with ebb-tide to Pulau Kalung, looking for the roots of the trees here. The sea-level can sink for 4 m., so the goats just cross the shortened distances. The ocean-water is as clear as glass, so you can watch these goats and the fishes around very well.
Fondest memory: Those fly-away bats,... that is a most spectacular sight! The spectacle of a multiple of thousand bats like shadows against the sunset light, moving to land ... amazing! You have to hide because of the excrements, that close you are! Ofcourse sailing back is just as spectacular. Yes, there are a lot of sharks,...
Because of ebb-tide the boat cannot come to shore at Komodo. So you are shuttled in on a small fishing prahu/canoe, and have to walk furtheron in the slippery mud when it end up on the bottom of the sea. That is too much fun. You donot know the way, and even the supervisor is taking a run for the accomdation for tourists. I really pissed in my pants ...
That evening I heard for the first time the legend of the Dragon Princess from Komodo, Putri Naga Dari Komodo. It took a while before I got involved with the Komodo and his Dragon Princess. The same Naga and Dragon the Sea-Goddess rides ...
Legend Dragon Princess
More Reviews (37)
- See All *S*U*N*S*E*T*
- See All Western Tourists, Eastern Culture
- See All Phantasy Dragons?
- See All PULAU KOMODO T-SHIRT
- Snorkeling - Diving
- See All Endangered Specie
RoyJava's Related Pages
Pulau Komodo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Komodo Island"
- "Komodo Island Indonesia"
- "Komodo Dragon Adventure"
- "Komodo Dragons and more"
- "Beware of the beasts!!!"
- "Komodo National Park"
- "komodo the home of the giant komodo waran"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Komodo
- Hotels in Pulau Komodo
- Transportation in Pulau Komodo
- Nightlife in Pulau Komodo
- Restaurants in Pulau Komodo
- Shopping in Pulau Komodo
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Komodo
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pulau Komodo
- 39 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Pulau Komodo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Komodo
Photos in Pulau KomodoSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos