"BATU - MALANG - JATIM" Top 5 Page for this destination Malang by RoyJava
Malang Travel Guide: 118 reviews and 256 photos
Where my aunt lives with her son in East-Java (Java Timor = JATIM).
Sitting here next to my aunt at Sendang Biru beach, East-Java, waiting for a boat trip rolling over the waves of the Indian Ocean around the island of Pulau Sempu. I can tell you it was a very exciting trip, and experienced the power of the mountainous waves. Sometimes ghastley, and unadvisable to jump at one of the islands in the middle of the depth.
Here you could watch the sea-swallow which produces the famous edible bird's nest (sarang burung). Pulau Sempu got well-known for its kayu pelet, a flamed kind of very special wood ...
Well-known because of the rituals to the legendary Ratu Kidul ... too
Visiting my aunt takes some time. Going in a rush isn't a good idea, so I'll always take my time. Just being together prevails with a lot of Javanese customs that comes to memory. Like resting "di belakang" (being at rest behind the house on the terrace after dinner and, enjoying the view, having a chat). Included a nice "gentas", a lovely little snack; the dried up seed-fruit of an old cocos when available on the pasar/market ...
That is very welcoming, isn't it? Ofcourse we do know the sign "Welcome - Bienvenue - Wilkommen", though at a place like Batu, East of Java, the "slamat Datang" is more touching and, it makes you feeling welcome! Travelling from Surabaya to Batu you need to take the way to Malang and turn of to direction Batu, is about 17 km NW from Malang.
Slamat Datang - Welcome - Bienvenue - Willkommen
- Pros:cool temperature, nice small hill town, great views, delicious fruits
- Cons:car-need, slow life, take your time
- In a nutshell:Backtrack For A Colt East & Circle Around
Toko Oen is a nostalgic place for a rendezvous, having a lunch that is more or less based on Dutch needs. The first... more travel advice
This is the famous Prajnaparamita statue, known as the Goddess Of Transcendent Wisdom. All over the world people have... more travel advice
RoyJava's Related Pages
Malang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I beautiful city surrounded by mountains."
- "I love Malang"
- "BATU - MALANG - JATIM"
- "MALANG A SMALL TOWN WITH EUROPEAN GOTHIC ARCHITECT"
- "1st Trip to Indonesia, Malang"
- "Beautiful Malang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malang
- Hotels in Malang
- Transportation in Malang
- Restaurants in Malang
- Shopping in Malang
- Warnings and Dangers in Malang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malang
- 41 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Malang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malang
Photos in MalangSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos