"MOROTAI - My Birth-place" Pulau Morotai by RoyJava
Pulau Morotai Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 25 photos
The same palm tree (Palmaceae) that have been termed the "Princes of the Vegetable Kingdom". Thanks for visiting.
MOROTAI - Intro
Nothing else I could tell about Morotai, except a trip to this palm-island has to be worth of it, if you can find the time. Last news about Morotai is that Morotai became "International Business Zone".
It was about plans of the Provincial Government of North Maluku to utilize Morotai Island as an "International Business Zone". Once Morotai was home to US troops (fighting against Japanese troops during Pacific War, 1942-1945). To support the proposed zone, the Provincial Government placed an emphasis on infrastructure development, especially on transportation and telecommunication infrastructure.
There are currently two fast ferry services which serve several cities in North Maluku province. There is also an airport which was used by US troops. (Source: Kompas Newspaper, February 20, 2004 , Regional Development Section , pp. Page 29).
white beaches roaming waves
sun and moon
under the palm-tree
wherever you are
do it with those you love
who ever they are
any hour of the day
during the night
heavenly - divine - blissful
do what ?
a holiday under palm-trees
have happy holidays
- Pros:palm-tree island, good diving places, historical resting places of planes, tanks & ships
- Cons:difficult to reach, difficult to get away
- In a nutshell:Oh Island In The Sun, Morotai Must Be Fun!
It is not here to put a multinational company in footlight though to find something about Morotai now-a-days is quite... more travel advice
Some info about the desa "Wewemo" (east-side). Just after the desa of "Wewemo" there is a remarkable sight; ie. a... more travel advice
RoyJava's Related Pages
Pulau Morotai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MOROTAI - My Birth-place"
- "d'nortest island in north maluku"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Morotai
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Pulau Morotai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Morotai
Photos in Pulau MorotaiSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos