"Pangandaran Peninsula" Top 5 Page for this destination Pangandaran by RoyJava

Pangandaran Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 126 photos

Sunrise & Sunset

Pangandaran, because of the TSUNAMI in July 2006 known by many more foreigners. The TSUNAMI that killed some hundreds of people ... we pray for the lost souls.

Pangandaran is one of Java's finest beaches, and therefore a favourite beauty spot for local tourists. Near the border of Central Java, 223 km SE of Bandung and a 5-6 hour drive, this small fishing village is almost completely surrounded by the Indian Ocean. Ofcourse you need to take great care when swimming especially at the East-beach.

Pangandaran is also a place where it's possible to enjoy the unique experience seeing the sun set at the West-beach and the moon rise over the ocean simultaneously at Full Moon at the East-beach. And the sun rise at the Eastern side next morning...sounds romantic huh?

Its beach has rough, dangerous surf but the Western side is safe (sheltered by coral reefs) and clean, no seaweed, coral, of jellyfishes, still always take care! My stay was such a lovely one, and every morning some ibu's (women) came over to chat and sell some fruits. The people all over were very friendly too. Something that has quickly changed I heard, after the problems with visa-adjustment in Holland. Anyway,... thanks for visiting.

Pantai Pangandaran

Pangandaran and its beaches do have their concealed stories too. Ask for an older guide to get informations about, ... it is said the younger Pangandarans do prefer the nightlife to the nature of Pangandaran. To me even the young guys informed me in a perfect way, and I enjoyed all of it ... (ask for Kubil and Yoyo!)
Especially about the myth of Karang Nini, Batu Layar and Batu Hiu ... it is the perfect triangle to the South, see you soon, thanks for your stay.

• Pros:Peninsula, wildlife reserve, jungle, great sun rise & sun set, beach life, boat trips
  • Cons:Many tourists, many hard sells, swindling, long travel way
  • In a nutshell:Forget Injuries, Never Forget Kindnesses - Pangandaran's Nature!
  • Last visit to Pangandaran: Apr 2000
  • Intro Updated Sep 12, 2008

• Jul 16, 2010 at 5:18 AM

sry can you tell me more about pangandaran transportation..?? I am in Jakarta und going to pangandaran friday..where exactly I can get bus or train to pangandaran..?? thx

• ludogatto's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 3:14 AM

like my souvenir of 1995 Indonesia travel

• La_Holandesa's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2004 at 12:17 PM

i love to sail and dream away....away..yes, hope for a loooong time ...geeez very nice page!! groetjes anita

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2004 at 5:54 AM

Very interesting tips and nice photos. I will have to look for the Green Lake if I get to Pangandaran.

• VincentJJ's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2004 at 5:17 AM

"Did" the Green Cayon in 1995. Very impressive. We went right till the beginning.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2004 at 11:03 AM

Terima kasih Roy! You are also an artist with words. Wonderful and enticing tips!!

• RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2004 at 12:01 AM

Excellent tips on Pangandaran.. I'd love to try the Green Canyon jungle journey.. Sounds exciting and fun!!! Thanks for visiting my Armenia pages.. When you get a chance, visit Kaghak yerevan.. It's the capital city of Armenia.. Take Care.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2004 at 7:54 AM

I think I would love the Green Valley! I like the tip about Green Lake...wash three times if it doesn't work try 4 times...hehehehe What a beautiful area!!

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2004 at 5:11 AM

bagus sekali mas roy :) like it so much! groetjes uit jakarta!!!!

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2004 at 10:19 PM

I really loved Pangandaran. (een paar schoonheidsfoutjes). Great page roy.

RoyJava

“Travelin' is discoverin' without knowing your goal”

Badges & Stats in Pangandaran

Have you been to Pangandaran?

Latest Activity in Pangandaran