"Pangandaran Peninsula" Top 5 Page for this destination Pangandaran by RoyJava
Pangandaran Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 126 photos
Pangandaran, because of the TSUNAMI in July 2006 known by many more foreigners. The TSUNAMI that killed some hundreds of people ... we pray for the lost souls.
Pangandaran is one of Java's finest beaches, and therefore a favourite beauty spot for local tourists. Near the border of Central Java, 223 km SE of Bandung and a 5-6 hour drive, this small fishing village is almost completely surrounded by the Indian Ocean. Ofcourse you need to take great care when swimming especially at the East-beach.
Pangandaran is also a place where it's possible to enjoy the unique experience seeing the sun set at the West-beach and the moon rise over the ocean simultaneously at Full Moon at the East-beach. And the sun rise at the Eastern side next morning...sounds romantic huh?
Its beach has rough, dangerous surf but the Western side is safe (sheltered by coral reefs) and clean, no seaweed, coral, of jellyfishes, still always take care! My stay was such a lovely one, and every morning some ibu's (women) came over to chat and sell some fruits. The people all over were very friendly too. Something that has quickly changed I heard, after the problems with visa-adjustment in Holland. Anyway,... thanks for visiting.
Pangandaran and its beaches do have their concealed stories too. Ask for an older guide to get informations about, ... it is said the younger Pangandarans do prefer the nightlife to the nature of Pangandaran. To me even the young guys informed me in a perfect way, and I enjoyed all of it ... (ask for Kubil and Yoyo!)
Especially about the myth of Karang Nini, Batu Layar and Batu Hiu ... it is the perfect triangle to the South, see you soon, thanks for your stay.
- Pros:Peninsula, wildlife reserve, jungle, great sun rise & sun set, beach life, boat trips
- Cons:Many tourists, many hard sells, swindling, long travel way
- In a nutshell:Forget Injuries, Never Forget Kindnesses - Pangandaran's Nature!
Once avoiding these 3-dimensional wooden puppets I love the weird-looking figures. And always sneeking into the shops... more travel advice
Especially Bandung people love to visit Pangandaran during weekends and holidays. A lot of accommodations, restaurants,... more travel advice
RoyJava's Related Pages
Pangandaran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's so beach!"
- "a getaway in the independence day!"
- "Pangandaran West Java"
- "Pangandaran Peninsula"
- "Cikembulan: Isolated beach near Pangandaran"
- "Pangandaran Adventures"
- "Pangandaran, West Java"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pangandaran
- Hotels in Pangandaran
- Transportation in Pangandaran
- Restaurants in Pangandaran
- Shopping in Pangandaran
- Warnings and Dangers in Pangandaran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pangandaran
- 31 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Pangandaran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pangandaran
Photos in PangandaranSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos