Pelabuhanratu Warnings Or Dangers Tips by RoyJava Top 5 Page for this destination
Pelabuhanratu Warnings and Dangers: 5 reviews and 5 photos
The colour of "green" is said to be the very colour of the Javanese Spirit-queen. To the traditional and local custom this colour is forbidden to wear ...
Along the South-coast all over the Indian Ocean/Southern-Sea the black lava-beaches constantly are blowed a gale out of Southerly direction. The mass-of-ocean used to be dangerous to life, also because of the undercurrent-powers of enormously pulling, tugging and sucking. The beach is the most pleasant recipient of the sometimes very violant waves of which the crashing surf can be very very treacherous. It may be said the Indian Ocean was the hide-out of the horrible sea-quake which last X-mas night with Full Moon stroke all around ...
One or two people and, even more, are reportedly drowned every year! Don't go for a swim (watch the posted warning signs which went up after the Bulgarian Ambassador disappeared here some years ago!), every try to take a bath is being
Danger still lurks within the region's of rivers flowing into sea. River mouth is very dangerous on an outgoing tide. And king tides always present a problem, as do rips. During storms the water runs thick with sediment. You can't see to take steps to ... People should be especially cautious of rips along rock walls, and where the river had layed down its rocks ... There are numberless reports of people sucked away in a river mouth!
Ukirsari's Must See
Nothing to be alarmed about though, enjoying the magnificent sunset at Karang Hawu it could be possible some locals invite you to their home. That's regular custom too, only this time you have to pay for your house-visit!
It's a well-known fact that the beautiful region of Karang Hawu houses the "sundals" (women of pleasure/prostitutes). Mostly business-men are driven to this place to have some fun and, it is said the taxe-drivers get their fee by joining their client and have fun, too, for free ... so you know for now.
Looking for the Batu Karut spot we walked along Indian Ocean's shore. An Australian couple joined and sudden we stood in front of a kali, a small browny river. Although the water runned quite fast we thought "a piece of cake" to cross ...
A Javanese guy cleaning his kebo/water-buffalo started to scream and quickly walked over to us. He helped us to cross the kali, and showed with his stick how deep and, dangerous (!) this small river could be ...
To "channelize" its water, the river improves its rate of flow to the sea. It took the river a very short time to silt its bed back to critical levels a human can be drowned. In some circumstances the river may actually cut its bed deeper and deeper. Not mentioned the sudden huge waves throwing themselves ashore.
More Reviews (45)
- See All Mrs. Ratna Dewi Sukarno
- See All Samudra Sport
- See All Opening Samudra Hotel
- Pelabuhan Ratu T-shirt
- Dangered Ocean?
- See All PELABUHAN RATU
RoyJava's Related Pages
Pelabuhanratu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ">> mystic rhytm "
- "PELABUHAN RATU - West Java"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu - The Queen's Harbour"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu, West Java"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu, the queen's harbour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pelabuhanratu
- Hotels in Pelabuhanratu
- Transportation in Pelabuhanratu
- Nightlife in Pelabuhanratu
- Restaurants in Pelabuhanratu
- Shopping in Pelabuhanratu
- Warnings and Dangers in Pelabuhanratu
- See All...
Explore the World
- Yong Peng Hotels
- Oas Hotels
- Saint-Martin-de-Belleville Hotels
- Pfäffikersee Hotels
- Province of Misamis Oriental
- Crimes / Creatures
- Oregon Warnings and Dangers
- Zanzibar Island Warnings and Dangers
- Katowice Warnings and Dangers
- Kalvarija Warnings and Dangers
- Ronda Warnings and Dangers
- Beaches / Coastlines
- Donkeys and Mules
- Nijmegen Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Princesa Warnings and Dangers
- Praslin Warnings and Dangers
- Driving and Traffic
Badges & Stats in Pelabuhanratu
- 49 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Pelabuhanratu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pelabuhanratu
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Re: 9 nights in Bangkok"
- updated a Pelabuhanratu Travel Page "PELABUHAN RATU - West Java"
- Commented on one of black_mimi99's Pelabuhanratu travel pages
- Wrote a Review Mrs. Ratna Dewi Sukarno in Pelabuhanratu Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mrs. Ratna Dewi Sukarno"
Photos in PelabuhanratuSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos