"PELABUHAN RATU - West Java" Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu by RoyJava
Pelabuhanratu Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 131 photos
"If you watch the waves, I think nothing can happen, but if you turn your back on them, anything can happen."
Just about a 4 hours drive to the South of the Indonesian capital Jakarta you may enjoy the little paradise of Pelabuhan Ratu (Queen's Harbour), a picturesque seaside resort with a beautiful harbour ... 'k, after some fewly frightening mountain curves the ocean view will take your breath. On the stretch of black sand beach that extends to the West of Pelabuhan Ratu center there is the remarkable Samudra Beach Hotel, now part of the government's INNA Hotel Group. It was Sukarno, first President of Indonesia Republique, and avid hotel builder, who got involved with the construction of the Samudra Beach Hotel (quote above is by Mr. P. Jansen of the Hotel).
Pelabuhan Ratu belongs to the domain of the Spirit-queen and it takes a long time ago to find some kind of roots about this "Harbour Of The Queen". Nyai Loro Kidul used to be the daughter of the West Javanese King Prabu Silwangi and his beautiful young Sundanese wife Princess Kadita. ... that is what the legend sounds.
And it was the Singapore & Penang fashion-trip which led me to this fabulous harbour...
of the last earthquake May 27th 2006
which hid Yogyakarta and Bantul in particulay
and mentioned the source of the epic centre
within the Indian Ocean, South of Parangtritis
Home of the Ratu Kidul Spirit-Queen Of Southern Ocean
Read about with WikiPedia
thanks for visiting
This legendary place is haunted by spirits is told. I guess you have to experience it yourself. The more tellings do find its way the more legendary this hotel, or pill-box deluxe, will become ... does it? Included Room 308, specially prepared for the legendary Spirit-queen and for that, ... the "Bewitched Room"!
Around the Teluk Pelabuhan Ratu (the bay, dedicated to the Ratu) there are a lot of remarkable occurences. It is kept in the heart and, people tell the stories on and on. Most of them belong to oral traditions of West-Java. When circumstances could do any harm to humans, donot get anxious ... local people will try to warn you for this.
Read about the >>>
- Pros:Queen's harbour, fishing port, sea-life, beach-resort, mythical places, hills, cool and windy
- Cons:Swimming strictly at your own risk - exploitation of some superstition
- In a nutshell:Plenty Of Legendary Myths - Ratu Kidul South-Sea Goddess - Nature In Beauty
Not that many foreigners make the Southerly West-Java trip ... the transport's not much fun ... and the coast is a... more travel advice
At the ceremonial traditions of the opening of the Samudra Beach Hotel at 15th. of February, 1966, there was a very... more travel advice
- Pelabuhan Ratu T-shirt
- See All Red Light District
- Dangered Ocean?
- See All PELABUHAN RATU
- See All A SPECIAL DRINK
RoyJava's Related Pages
Pelabuhanratu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ">> mystic rhytm <<"
- "PELABUHAN RATU - West Java"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu - The Queen's Harbour"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu, West Java"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu, the queen's harbour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pelabuhanratu
- Hotels in Pelabuhanratu
- Transportation in Pelabuhanratu
- Nightlife in Pelabuhanratu
- Restaurants in Pelabuhanratu
- Shopping in Pelabuhanratu
- Warnings and Dangers in Pelabuhanratu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pelabuhanratu
- 49 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Pelabuhanratu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pelabuhanratu
- updated a Pelabuhanratu Travel Page "PELABUHAN RATU - West Java"
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Re: 9 nights in Bangkok"
- Commented on one of black_mimi99's Pelabuhanratu travel pages
- Wrote a Review Mrs. Ratna Dewi Sukarno in Pelabuhanratu Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mrs. Ratna Dewi Sukarno"
Photos in PelabuhanratuSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos