Makassar Tourist Trap Tips by RoyJava Top 5 Page for this destination
Makassar Tourist Traps: 2 reviews and 1 photos
My mom is a true gold lover. Especially the Indonesian gold she lovesss!
Ujung Pandang is supposed to be a good place for buying Kendari-style crafts. The jewelry shops are numerous, so I got her some ... Much later I heard a lot of the gold is made in Ujung Pandang, not in Kendari on the South-Eastern peninsula of Sulawesi as the name would suggest ...
Unique Suggestions: The best to do is to buy jewelry stuff with a good Makassarese friend, or ask around at the hotel ...
Fun Alternatives: I decided not to tell my mom about the Ujung Pandang and Kendari difference and, fortunately I had some beautiful colorful ikat-dyed silk, not that cheap, though very welcome to my now late mom (God Have Her Soul)
DÉWI LUTUNG KASARUNG
aquarel 14 - 20 cm.
Roy James Döhne - 2003
free to VT
More Reviews (23)
- See All Currency
- See All Diponegoro Tomb & Monument
- See All Accompanied By Traditional Music
- See All Refreshing Temperature
- See All Bad Weather
RoyJava's Related Pages
Makassar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the schooners"
- "Makassar - City of Maritime"
- "Ujung Pandang - Makassar - South Sulawesi"
- "Makassar is a paradise 4 sea-food lovers"
- "Journey to D'Exotic South Sulawesi"
- "Makassar - east of Wallace Line."
- "Makassar, colonial history and bugissailers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Makassar
- Hotels in Makassar
- Transportation in Makassar
- Nightlife in Makassar
- Restaurants in Makassar
- Shopping in Makassar
- Warnings and Dangers in Makassar
- See All...
Explore the World
- Elos Hotels
- Andorra la Vella
- Manhattan Hotels
- Cape Meares Hotels
- Pulau Manukan Hotels
Badges & Stats in Makassar
- 24 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Makassar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Makassar
Photos in MakassarSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 263 reviews, 350 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 88 reviews, 104 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sorong Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pattaya Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 47 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 49 reviews, 53 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 39 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malang Intro, 41 reviews, 46 photos
- Penang Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos