"Thoughts, rants, raves...and so and sos..." bee77's Profile

Updates:

September 27th, 2004 - I got the photos...been totally lazy but will be working on them in the next few weeks. Sorry, been a busy bee!

August 26th, 2004 - Hello everyone! So I am back home with some regret. I almost forget what's it's like since it's been ages...nobody told me about the letdown from the high of traveling! I've been feeling out of sorts and totally disoriented the last couple days.

I know there were times when my feet hurt and I experienced some uncomfortable moments, and when I longed for my own bed but that feeling didn't last too long. I was caught up in the moment and the new sights and smells to focus long on those unimportant things. And at night, when it was time for bed, I'd be so tired that I really didn't have time for reflection or to think of all those silly things that usually bother me when I'm home. It was oddly peaceful.

It still hasn't all sunk in yet. Alot of people have asked me how my trip was, and I've only been able to focus on generalities really. It wasn't like I went anywhere really exotic or unique anyway (although it was wonderful nevertheless)...and so with that...work on this VT site for this trip will be a little while as I've got to gather my thoughts and organize the millions (literally) of photos I took and make some sense of it. The curse/beauty of a digital camera...being able to snap away like a madwoman without realizing that perhaps what you're taking photos of is utter crap. =)

I've always enjoyed taking photos but finding out about this VT community from my brother made me actively take photos of where we ate and places we visited. THANKS VT!

Me: I'm a simple gal, doesn't take much to make me happy. =P America is now my home....don't get me wrong...I love it...although deep down, like all my friends who grew up with me in Zambia...that's the Motherland. There is no other! It's hard to not get caught up in the rat race here...but I've always walked to the beat of my own drum...no matter how many times I felt like I've been out of tune...I manage to do ok for myself. =)

Travelz

Traveling has always been something I've done from a very young age...with the exception of the last several years, now I realize how much I've missed and don't want to let that happen again. I'm already planning my next trip. On my wish list: Mexico City, Prague and Rome. This list is as realistic as it can get...partially due to money (isn't that always the case?) and obligations to fulfil towards school (in MA programme) and work. I'm glad that I am teaching now as it will allow me more freedom than I've had in the past.

Get a little....

Perspective. I think the experiences you get from traveling are really important. Living abroad also teaches you so many things and although we all don't get that opportunity, for those of you that have been "expats" you'll agree with me when I say that it's life changing. It's definitely what has kept me grounded in my life and have an open mind. Traveling has given me new perspectives...it has taught me to respect different cultures, traditions and people.

Now while people at home worry about the new car, the clothes, things they want, and things they can't have...material things. They get it, and still they want more! It's a vicious cycle. The most important things for me? My family and friends. A friend told me, it's the relationships you have that are important. Now, isn't that something?

/end rant.

• Intro Updated Sep 27, 2004

• funnybeee's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2005 at 11:14 PM

Hi Bee, I really enjoyed going through your pages... Please, please, please make more pages?????!!!!!!!!! Greetings from the FunnyBeee

• Cruefan's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2005 at 12:05 PM

Happy Birthday from Rhode Island :)

• Il_lupo's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2005 at 6:57 AM

Happy Birthday from the Costa Brava (Spain)

• jrs1234's Profile Photo

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

• Sep 29, 2004 at 3:16 PM

Hope you had a lot of fun. Waiting for your UK/Scotland pages... Jem

• Sep 28, 2004 at 12:48 PM

nice new updates on your page. i was just down in LA this weekend, and it's too hot for me there. I melted away :-)

• babalu's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2004 at 8:25 AM

have a nice trip and enjoy the best,i'llbe in france from the 15 th of sept till 15th of decemb(aix en provence).for a 3 months stage of sculpture....hope to hear from u soon.take care.babalu

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2004 at 3:48 PM

Bon Voyage Bee have a great trip

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
bee77's Profile Photo

bee77

“Join in my journey, destination unknown and unimportant...”

Real Name