Scotland Favorite Tips by vtveen Top 5 Page for this destination
Scotland Favorites: 176 reviews and 221 photos
Favorite thing: Preparing our trip to Scotland we have had a lot of help from the website 'Undiscovered Scotland'.
Of course not al the destinations are undiscovered, but a lot of them were absolutely new for us. We found a lot of information about 'every corner' in the country, with always some very good pictures.
There are links for every destination to accommodations, pubs, restaurants, activities, attractions and local businesses.
Really GREAT info.
Favorite thing: We intended to do some walks during our stay on Skye and asked for information in a local Tourist Information Centre. But to be honest the answers and help were not very proper ( just a small map with some crosses and that was it).
Fortunately we saw the booklet 'Walks Isle of Skye' for just GBP 2,95.
It offers 30 different walks all over the island, but we found also some other 'off the beaten path' sights (Dundulm Castle and Bearreraig Bay).
Also available for Western Isles, West Sunderland, East Sunderland, Mallaig & Ardnamurchan, Fort William and Inverness & Loch Ness.
Favorite thing: As I said on my intro page, visiting tourist sights in Scotland is (rather) expensive. Depending on the sight we had to pay from two pounds till more than 10 pounds per person. There is a way to make this part of your holiday a lot cheaper.
Most of the historical places, like castles, palaces, gardens or monuments, in Scotland were looked after by either Historic Scotland or by Scottish National Trust. If you intend to visit more of these places during your stay, you could safe (a lot of) money getting a membership or discount pass.
Historic Scotland offers a full membership or an Explorer Pass ( from £18.00 for a 3 out of 5 days pass). Scottish National Trust has just a full membership.
Look at their websites for more info about the membership, explorer pass and their properties.
Historic Scotland: www.historic-scotland.gov.uk
Scottish national Trust: www.nts.org.uk
More Reviews (58)
- See All Glasgow Prestwick International Airport
- See All Scotland's whisky
- See All Cattle or game on the road
vtveen's Related Pages
Scotland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scotland For The Brave"
- "Scotland Travel Tips - Scotland Edinburgh Orkney"
- "My Scotland page"
- "Alba, Caledonia, "God's Country"; this is Scotland"
- "Scotland: fascinating and impressive"
- "Ben-UK's Scotland page"
- "Scotland, a sassenach's view"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scotland
- Hotels in Scotland
- Transportation in Scotland
- Nightlife in Scotland
- Restaurants in Scotland
- Shopping in Scotland
- Warnings and Dangers in Scotland
- See All...
Explore the World
- Venezuela Hotels
- Yuma Hotels
- Gapan Hotels
- Jeløya Hotels
- Departamento de Sacatepéquez
- Kanton Luzern
Badges & Stats in Scotland
- 61 Reviews
- 204 Photos
- 113 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Scotland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scotland
- Posted in Travel Cadiz Forum "Re: surrounding villages"
- Commented on one of vtveen's Scotland travel pages
- updated a Scotland Travel Page "Scotland: fascinating and impressive"
- Wrote a Review Glasgow Prestwick International Airport in Scotland Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Glasgow Prestwick International Airport"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 40 reviews, 151 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top Scotland hotels
- Edinburgh Hotels
- 3411 Reviews - 6786 Photos
- Glasgow Hotels
- 1241 Reviews - 2065 Photos
- Aberdeen Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 887 Photos
- Inverness Hotels
- 339 Reviews - 758 Photos
- Oban Hotels
- 179 Reviews - 344 Photos
- Fort William Hotels
- 207 Reviews - 372 Photos
- Pitlochry Hotels
- 91 Reviews - 192 Photos
- Kingussie Hotels
- 1 Review - 2 Photos
- Melrose Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 58 Photos
- Stirling Hotels
- 251 Reviews - 769 Photos
- Perth Hotels
- 110 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Ayr Hotels
- 160 Reviews - 258 Photos
- Peebles Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 22 Photos
- Aviemore Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 77 Photos
- Arrochar Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 11 Photos