"Drumheller - Dinosaur City" Top 5 Page for this destination Drumheller by vtveen

Drumheller Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 205 photos

Drumheller is situated 125 km from Calgary (1 ½ hour drive). First thing you see coming from Calgary over highway 9 is Horseshoe Canyon with a panoramic view on a part of the Alberta Badlands.

Once in town you will find dinosaurs everywhere and in all sizes. The biggest is in front of the Visitor Information Centre.

Drumheller is starting point for visiting the badlands through the Hoodoo Drive Trail and the Dinosaur Trail.

The most important sight in (or better just outside) Drumheller is the Royal Tyrrell Museum with an impressive collection of dinosaurs.

• In a nutshell:situated in the surprising badlands; a great museum
  • Last visit to Drumheller: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 7, 2007

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Nice page while waiting for yr new ones!!- esp the drive through the fields back and beyond of Alberta, the numerous and huge dinosaurs and the hoodoos!Ive got funny fairy forest rocks on my Iseo page, Italy - needs more work on it tho.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2006 at 11:57 AM

I'd love to see those strange mushroom rocks.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2006 at 4:09 AM

I thought the museum was fantastic - only wish we'd gone when our son was young - he was mad about dinosaurs. leyle

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 6:52 AM

A great page Jaap! We specifically drove through the Red River Valley to see those amazing Hoodoos but did not have time to take in the Museum :-( As you say, Drumheller is well worth a visit!

• Wann's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2005 at 3:38 AM

Such a nice place !! Interesting Museum...

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2005 at 10:20 AM

We had a breakfast in Drumheller, but I didn't take pictures and we missed to see the museum.

• K.Knight's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2004 at 3:23 AM

I could not agree more, the museum is an absolute must see in any weather! My wife and I were very impressed. G'day from Australia.

• Dec 16, 2004 at 2:08 AM

Drumheller is a must see activity for me in Canada. When I finally make it to Calgary I really have to go. Thank you for giving me more of a taster than the 1 photo I've seen before!

vtveen

“"The beauty lies in the travelling, not in the destination" (The Convent Inn, Val Marie SK, Canada)”

Badges & Stats in Drumheller

Have you been to Drumheller?

Latest Activity in Drumheller