"Regina: green oasis in Saskatchewan" Top 5 Page for this destination Regina by vtveen
Regina Travel Guide: 141 reviews and 275 photos
The first time (2003) we visited Regina we came by plane and did have a good opportunity to see this green oasis in the middle of the vast plains of Saskatchewan. One year later we were driving by car from the west over 'Hghway no. 1' and saw Regina's skyline already from a distance of about 35 km's.
Impressive plains and green parks: that's more or less the story of the capital of Saskatchewan.
A city of about 200.000 people with some interesting green parks: Victoria Park in the middle of downtown and Wascana Park a huge recreational area. It is almost incredible to realise that all these trees are the work of human hands. Hundred years ago there was nothing at all !!
The town has some 'must see' activities like 'RCMP Centennial Museum', 'Government House Museum', 'Legislative Building' and 'Royal Saskatchewan Museum', which tells the story of the town, plains and the 'first nations' who lived here.
Regina is a good starting point to discover the surrounding area with places like Lumsden, Fort Qu'Appelle, Motherwell Homestead and many more (a little bit further away).
Regina is situated in the middle of Saskatchewan and most impressive of the part we visited till yet are the vast plains. In the summer we found every kind of wheat and some of them were flowering as well, like the yellow coleseed and blue flax.
We do like specially 'the living skies' above these province.
SK doesn't mean dull and flat: there are many beautiful and hilly spots like Cypress Hills, the Great Sand Hills, Big Muddy Badlands and Grasslands National Park.
- Pros:central in SK, quiet, friendly
- In a nutshell:much more than dull plains
Although not very common in Canada, we made a bike tour through the city of Regina during our last autumn visit. To be... more travel advice
Government House was built in 1891, and first served as the official residence of the Queen’s representative. From 1905,... more travel advice
vtveen's Related Pages
Regina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "'Mounties' graduation ceremony!"
- "The Capital of Saskatchewan"
- "The City in the Prairies"
- "Regina: green oasis in Saskatchewan"
- "Regina, the Queen City"
- "Laurie-Jeanne's Not Just Regina Page!!"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Regina
- Hotels in Regina
- Transportation in Regina
- Nightlife in Regina
- Restaurants in Regina
- Shopping in Regina
- Warnings and Dangers in Regina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Regina
- 20 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Regina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Regina
Photos in ReginaSee All Photos (73)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 39 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos