"Torrey - little lovely place…" Torrey by vtveen
Torrey Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 36 photos
Torrey is indeed a little place having about 200 inhabitants and it is almost touching seeing even the names of the residents on their ‘website’ map. Don’t expect wild nightlife, but Torrey has a couple of shops, a general store and one or two galleries to offer. Of course there are several motels - the (budget) chain motels are located outside town - and some nice restaurants.
The ‘city centre’ is really lovely, with the tree lined Main Street with a small ditch streaming along the road. The whole scenery is remarkable green and quite different from the surrounding red rocks. The elevation is more than 2000 meters, which makes the summers rather pleasant. During our stay (Juni 20/21) we had clouds in the afternoon and there was no need using airco.
Torrey is situated where highways 12 and 24 meet each other ('half way' between Moab and Bryce) and located about 15 km’s west of Capitol Reef National Park it is an ideal (and the only if you are not camping) base for visiting this park.
For the time being you may find tips and pics about Torrey and its surroundings on my Utah page.
vtveen's Related Pages
Torrey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The capital little gateway to Capitol Reef"
- "Gateway to Capitol Reef"
- "Torrey - little lovely place…"
- "Basaic Torrey Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Torrey
- Hotels in Torrey
- Restaurants in Torrey
- Shopping in Torrey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torrey
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Torrey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torrey
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 39 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos