"'Playground' for a city" Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Region by vtveen
Auckland Region Travel Guide: 1,457 reviews and 3,167 photos
Auckland Region consists of the city suburbs, housing a lot of the 'million' inhabitants and on the other side of a lot of beautiful regional parks.
Most of them are located on the east coast along the Hauraki Gulf with lovely beaches.
On the west coast, as usual in New Zealand much wilder, lies Piha Beach, a famous surf spot. Here you will find also Muriwai with its gannet colony and more beaches.
During our visits to New Zealand we often stayed in Kumeu, 35 kilometres Northwest of Auckland. So we explored this part of the country very well. To this our cousin was Director Parks and Recration of Auckland Regional Council, so he showed us a lot of 'his' parks.
I couldn't make up my mind where to place my tips, because they are more or less off the beaten path for most tourists.
But the places are so beautifull and I decided to add them all to the 'things to do' activities.
- Pros:close to Auckland
- In a nutshell:great places for a daytrip from Auckland
A real 'off the beaten path' tip, because the Atiu Creek Farm is not open for the public on this moment. We were able to... more travel advice
Piha has a lot more to offer than just the famous surf beach. It is also starting point for several tracks through the... more travel advice
vtveen's Related Pages
Auckland Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Auckland - The City of Sails"
- "'Playground' for a city"
- "Auckland Region"
- "Auckland Region"
- "Country churches around the Auckland region."
- "City of sails"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auckland Region
- Hotels in Auckland Region
- Transportation in Auckland Region
- Nightlife in Auckland Region
- Restaurants in Auckland Region
- Shopping in Auckland Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Auckland Region
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Auckland Region
- 22 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 70 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Auckland Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auckland Region
- Posted in Travel Breda Forum "Re: Phnom Kulen "
- updated a Auckland Region Travel Page "'Playground' for a city"
- Wrote a Review Atiu Creek Farm (newest regional park) in Auckland Region Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Atiu Creek Farm (newest regional park)"
- Commented on one of worldkiwi's Auckland Region travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 39 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos