"Argentina we love you !!" Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina by vtveen

Argentina Travel Guide: 10,531 reviews and 25,067 photos

This is an Argentina page, but we have 'just' been two four destinations: Buenos Aires, Puerto Iguazu, El Calafate and the northwestern provinces of Jujuy and Salta.

Due to a strike of the pilots of Aerolineas Argentina (thanks a lot guys !!) during our first stay we never reached Peninsula Valdes. So we have to come back to see at least that part of the country.

All tips are divided in our four destinations, beside some general tips.

First visit

Before our first vist - 2005 - we saw some pictures of a friend about Argentina from the Perito Moreno Glacier and the Iguazu Falls. When we decided to make an around the world trip, it was a ‘must’ to visit Argentina and to see the impressive scenery on the pics with our own eyes.

Besides we do have in the Netherlands Princess Maxima and as you may probably know she is also from Argentina. And since she is engaged and later married with our Dutch prince, we do get a lot more information about the country in papers and on TV.

During this visit - second half on November - we stayed in Buenos Aires, Puerto Iguazu and El Calafate.

Second visit

To be honest we were very very satisfied after our first visit. It is not only the fantastic scenery we have seen, but also the warmth and kindness of the Argentine people. They were so helpful and it was really great to be there.

So we decided to go back for another visit in March 2009. After a couple of days in Buenos Aires we travelled to Salta and made atrip by rental car through the provinces of Salta and Jujuy.

Argentina and Argentineans we love you !!!

• Pros:fantastic scenery, friendly people, cheap
  • In a nutshell:a great experience
  • Last visit to Argentina: Mar 2009
  • Intro Updated Apr 23, 2009

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Jaap, a great set of tips about one of my favorite places in the world! Looks like you had a superb time!

• Joe_Gluckman's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2009 at 6:53 AM

Thanks, very helpful

• ellielou's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2008 at 5:14 AM

you asked if I was 'jealous'???? ummmm....yeah! Have a fantastic trip & holiday!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2007 at 5:46 AM

Hey youre back from Morocco!!cant wait...and congrats on being listed as a VT forum Guru for Argentina!!

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2007 at 9:27 PM

Live and vibrant pictures of one of my fave countries! I do love Argentina!;)

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2007 at 10:01 AM

I want to go to Argentina! Your pages are very useful! So many things to do there....

• sabrina_florida's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2007 at 2:43 PM

I loved reading your warm comments about my country and city! Hope to see you around BA soon! :)

• Oct 15, 2006 at 3:53 PM

Lovely pictures and Great page! Nikos

• grovier's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2006 at 12:22 AM

You are the best site with the most helpfull tips I met on VT...Thanks

• Cheewa's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 3:27 PM

Hello!! I`m argentinian, and I`m very proud of your comments. Thank you and next time here write me for to go out. See you! Federico

vtveen

“"The beauty lies in the travelling, not in the destination" (The Convent Inn, Val Marie SK, Canada)”

Badges & Stats in Argentina

Have you been to Argentina?

Latest Activity in Argentina