Apeldoorn Restaurant Tips by vtveen Top 5 Page for this destination
Apeldoorn Restaurants: 29 reviews and 67 photos
De Brugwachter: original house
Apeldoorn does not have much classified *** restaurants. There are a couple of common places, but nowadays restaurant 'De Brugwachter' has become little by little 'the place to be' for your dinner in town.
It is situated in an old house of a so called 'bridgeman' along a canal (not any longer in use) which runs through the city. The restaurant has two different parts: the old house with just a couple of tables and the bigger new part, which has been built behind the original house. In summer times there is also a huge terrace, overlooking the canal.
The owner Nel Koot and her staff succeeded to create a warm and cosy atmosphere, even with some open fires, in their restaurant.
The restaurant is open only for dinners from 5.00 pm. Specially in the weekends you need to make a reservation.
Favorite Dish: As said you 'don't come' for a specific dish, but for the atmosphere. But don't be afraid, the food is excellent; doesn't matter what your choice will be. Meat, fish and vegetarian main dishes are served.
They use funny prices: for instance a 'lasagne' is not € 16,- or € 16,50, no in 'De Brugwachter' we had to pay exactly € 16,37 !!
Address: Molenstraat-Centrum 625, Apeldoorn
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Close to the city centre; accessible by public bus, lines 1, 2, 3, 4, 109 en 293 from the central bus and railway station. If you are by car, take a look at their website. Under 'contact' click on 'Klik hier voor de Route' and you get a map.
In the middle of the little village of Hoog Soeren, located 5 km’s west of Apeldoorn surrounded by vast forests, lies a small and cosy restaurant. According to its name it is serving a wide range of pancakes; on the menu are more than 120 different kinds of this typical Dutch food.
In case you don’t like pancakes (which I can not imagine) you can get a lot of other dishes, among them some specialities from the Veluwe.
(For more info about Hoog Soeren see 'off the beaten path' tip.)
Favorite Dish: 'Of course' one of the pancakes; speciality of the house.
Good value for your money.
Address: Hoog Soeren 30, Hoog Soeren (Apeldoorn)
Directions: If travelling by car see for directions: www.viamichelin.com
Also accessible by bike from Apeldoorn; follow signs for 'Hoog Soeren'.
Phone: (055) 519 1219
Price: less than US$10
Raadhuisplein: sidewalk cafés
Apeldoorn doesn’t have too much nice sidewalk cafés. But on the central square of the town - Raadhuisplein - five cafés/restaurants offer a terrace, either in the sun or shadow. It is by far the most pleasant place to have a cup of tea or coffee, to lunch or even have a dinner al fresco.
The Raadhuisplein is located between the old town hall and the main shopping street the Hoofdstraat. When visiting the centre of town you can not miss it.
Address: Raadhuisplein, Apeldoorn
More Reviews (64)
- See All Beekbergerwoud – unique new nature
- See All Mariakerk - a national monument
- See All Find your way in the town
- See All Royal Gifts from 'Het Loo'
vtveen's Related Pages
Apeldoorn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Apeldoorn, my hometown"
- "Apeldoorn, my hometown"
- "Apeldoorn and het Loo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Apeldoorn
- Hotels in Apeldoorn
- Transportation in Apeldoorn
- Nightlife in Apeldoorn
- Restaurants in Apeldoorn
- Shopping in Apeldoorn
- Warnings and Dangers in Apeldoorn
- See All...
Explore the World
- Cruit Island Hotels
- Quetta Hotels
- Claremore Hotels
- Centre de Flacq
- Loch Ba Hotels
Badges & Stats in Apeldoorn
- 67 Reviews
- 294 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Apeldoorn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Apeldoorn
- Posted in Travel Perth Forum "Re: First time heading to Perth..."
- updated a Apeldoorn Travel Page "Apeldoorn, my hometown"
- Commented on one of vtveen's Apeldoorn travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "CODA - nice mixture between 'old' and 'new'"
- Wrote a Review Beekbergerwoud – unique new nature in Apeldoorn Things to Do
Photos in ApeldoornSee All Photos (294)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 40 reviews, 151 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Apeldoorn hotel reviews