Deurne Hotel Tips by vtveen
Deurne Hotels: 26 reviews and 5 photos
Willibrordhaeghe - main building with entrance
The hotel is situated in a former monastery, which was rebuilt on this place after the devastation of another mission house during World War II. Willibrordhaeghe was officially the St. Willibrord mission house, the former seminary of the SVD priests, who are also known as the Missionaries of Steyl.
Numbers of trainees for the priesthood declined more and more and the building became much too large for that purpose.
After a restoration Willibrordhaeghe was reopened in 2004 and nowadays is a modern four star hotel, which still offers extensive conference facilities. During our stay we met different kind of people in the hotel: businessmen on a conference, a group of students on a summer course, wedding parties and ‘normal’ tourists like us.
The interior of the building is a mixture of modern decoration with some historical elements, but we always were impressed by the serenity and special atmosphere. Our room was very spacious with all modern amenities, but without a balcony (ever seen a monastery with balconies ?). It is possible to rent a bicycle at the hotel to discover to area around Deurne.
The hotel has a large courtyard, a nice lounge, bar, restaurant (with a terrace) and a fitness room. Breakfast was really perfect. The staff - everybody, everywhere and always - was very helpful and friendly.
The buildings are surrounded by a landscape park.
Unique Qualities: When we made our reservation, the receptionist referred to a booking site (www.hotelspecials.nl) because it offered a cheaper rate. Finally we decided for one of the deals from the hotel.
Address: Vlierdenseweg 109, 5753 AC Deurne
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: About 2 km's from the centre of Deurne; 1 1/2 km's from the railway stattion.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (+31) (0)493 35 47 41
More Reviews (8)
vtveen's Related Pages
Deurne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Deurne - gateway to the 'Peel'"
- "My Hometown"
- "Deurne, the Pearl of the Peel"
- "Deurne, NL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Deurne
- Hotels in Deurne
- Nightlife in Deurne
- Restaurants in Deurne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Deurne
- 9 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Deurne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Deurne
Photos in DeurneSee All Photos (36)
Read real reviews about Deurne Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Friesland Intro, 34 reviews, 150 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Gelderland Intro, 29 reviews, 138 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Easter Island Intro, 38 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oberstdorf Intro, 23 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patmos Island Intro, 22 reviews, 79 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 16 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texel Intro, 17 reviews, 71 photos
- Provincie Groningen Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Noord-Holland Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos
No friends yet.