"Dwingeloo, village green village" Dwingeloo by vtveen
Dwingeloo Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 26 photos
Dwingeloo is famous for its village green (brink). Shops, hotels, restaurants and cafes do surround this green square.
A landmark of the village is the Sint Nicolaaskerk (St. Nicholas Church), which is dating back to the 15ht century. Its nickname is 'De Siepel', after the onion shaped bell tower of the church.
Dwingeloo is more or less situated in the heart of Drenthe and therefore an ideal base for exploring - foot, bike and car - the surroundings with two national parks and the rest of the province of Drenthe.
One of the largest areas of natural beauty in the Netherlands is National Park Drents-Friese Wold. Over 6000 hectares of... more travel advice
Although Assen is dating back to the 13th century - when the monastery Mariënkamp (or Maria in Campis) was transferred... more travel advice
vtveen's Related Pages
Dwingeloo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dwingeloo, village green village"
- "Small village in Drenthe."
- "Dwingeloo Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dwingeloo
- Hotels in Dwingeloo
- Transportation in Dwingeloo
- Warnings and Dangers in Dwingeloo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dwingeloo
- 5 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (79)
Have you been to Dwingeloo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dwingeloo
Photos in DwingelooSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Intro, 99 reviews, 425 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Apeldoorn Intro, 67 reviews, 297 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 104 reviews, 189 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 65 reviews, 220 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 61 reviews, 204 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Salta Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 43 reviews, 149 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 39 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 49 reviews, 133 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos